Question - CCC Gold - not listed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
    I think he was awarded the CCCiS and a misread when preparing the death card ended with the printer writing Nahkampfspange in Gold.

Do you obtain this from a dealer or from the family?

Angel

you have this group in the book of Alex von Renz (Die Verleihungsurkunden zum DKiG). And lot of DKiG group came from a well know german collector. Now this collector is dead.

Comment

Brian&Angel

you start from the idea that Dörr's list is complete.

If I remember the introduction from his book is he says that the list is uncomplete
      if I remember correctly

Comment

No, all we know that Manfred Dorr always claimed that his list is far from complete, in fact I provided one document to add Hauptmann Thedens to the list as awarded on April 7th, 1.945 and with a Stammrolle as proof dated April 9th, 1.945 by Fp 25092 Stab Pioneer Bataillon 153. He was a DKiG winner with Pi.Btl. 158 on September 17th, 1.944.

For sure still more CCCiG winners to be found.

Angel
        Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint-Exupéry View Post

you start from the idea that Dörr's list is complete.

No, definitely not. I'm just guessing. But the Ordenstraeger list is often more robust in that it, reportedly, his book along with other sources (and this is the case with other awards - a combination pf multiple sources). I'd be more inclined to think this is an award that was missed if it was later in the war. But, even in February 1945, and even it it was posthumous, I would expect the authorities to have a record of this award and that record was sourced by Dorr or others.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X