Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - CCC Gold - not listed

hi to all,
    I have a group CCC Gold but not mentionned in the book of Scheibert.
    Where can I find a more complete list?

best
    thomas

Originally posted by Saint-Exupéry View Post
    hi to all,
    I have a group CCC Gold but not mentionned in the book of Scheibert.
    Where can I find a more complete list?

best
    thomas
    How about posting pix of the grouping?

Best
    H
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

here...
      unfortunetaly, I don't have ccc in silver and gold

best
      thomas
      Attached Files

Comment

He's in the Ordenstraeger as a DKiG winner but there is no mention of the NKSiG. I wonder if he just go the Silver and it's included here as Gold. Surely, though, he could have gotten the NKSiG and it's not recorded since it was, possibly, very late in the war. When did he die?

Comment

Is this all you have from him?

I think a couple of explanations, first he was a CCCiG holder, but KIA before this can be communicated to the OKW for a formal presentation, or he was one early awardee so not mentioned in the papers. Also the division could forget or not summit the info up to the chain of command, I have seen before, myself have a piece to a previous unknown CCCiG holder, but he received the award very late in the war, April 7th, 1.945. Also that can happen, late war award and no time to registered in the divisional papers or lost the summit.

Second is that he never was a CCCiG winner and the family make a mistake when listing his awards.

Do yo know when he was KIA?

Interesting and enigmatic group you have.

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

thanks Brian for your reply

... here (+17.02.45)

the list from Schreibert is uncomplete.

I think we don't have the exact number of ccc gold recipient
            Attached Files

Comment

I use Manfred Dörr one and he is not listed there too.

At least he was a CCCiS winner for what we can see in the photo, IMHO.

If he was a CCCiG we only can wonder if so, till more info surfaced.

Still a nice little group.

Angel
              Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
                Is this all you have from him?

I think a couple of explanations, first he was a CCCiG holder, but KIA before this can be communicated to the OKW for a formal presentation, or he was one early awardee so not mentioned in the papers. Also the division could forget or not summit the info up to the chain of command, I have seen before, myself have a piece to a previous unknown CCCiG holder, but he received the award very late in the war, April 7th, 1.945. Also that can happen, late war award and no time to registered in the divisional papers or lost the summit.

Second is that he never was a CCCiG winner and the family make a mistake when listing his awards.

Do yo know when he was KIA?

Interesting and enigmatic group you have.

Angel

thanks Angel for your reply and yes that's all lol

if it was a mistake I would have preferred a RK ... I don't agree with this theory. German are meticulous. We know that the mistakes are rare

I prefer your first theory... but how to find a track???

Comment

Originally posted by Saint-Exupéry View Post
                  thanks Angel for your reply and yes that's all lol

if it was a mistake I would have preferred a RK ... I don't agree with this theory. German are meticulous. We know that the mistakes are rare

I prefer your first theory... but how to find a track???
                  Good points all around. But, I would expect a mistake by the family before I would expect one from the authorities.

Comment

End of war all can happen, but don't think germans make no mistakes, I had the group to a DKiG and CCCiS winner where the clerk forget to write in the Wehrpass the CCCiB (but his citation comes with the group) and his Ostmedaille (but he wore the ribbon alone in the second buttonhole without EK II).

I wish you will find more pieces from this soldier and one of them gives the clue to solve this mistery.

Keep us updated.

Angel

Comment

I remember one death card with an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Gold written and a lot that mistake Allgemein Sturmabzeichen for Panzer or Infanterie or named the Tank Destruction Badge as Panzerabzeichen.

I am with Brian, if a mistake was done it was the family or the printer who made the death card

Angel

Comment

sorry my friends. I use the list from Manfred Dörr. Scheibert for CCC gold I don't know if it exists

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                          Good points all around. But, I would expect a mistake by the family before I would expect one from the authorities.

to attribute an awards even if it is a mistake... I'm surprised

Comment

I think he was awarded the CCCiS and a misread when preparing the death card ended with the printer writing Nahkampfspange in Gold.

Do you obtain this from a dealer or from the family?

Angel

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
                              End of war all can happen, but don't think germans make no mistakes, I had the group to a DKiG and CCCiS winner where the clerk forget to write in the Wehrpass the CCCiB (but his citation comes with the group) and his Ostmedaille (but he wore the ribbon alone in the second buttonhole without EK II).

I wish you will find more pieces from this soldier and one of them gives the clue to solve this mistery.

Keep us updated.

Angel
                              Ok Angel

but the mistake is the other way around. For me it is not same

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X