This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brave non com

Herre's a brave non com. What is his rank?
    Attached Files

Comment

Field Police 1

Hi here's a man in the Field police I believe. Sorry, I can't think of the correct German term offhand. I'll be posting a second image of a Field policeman, both were taken in Zwittau.
      Attached Files

Comment

Field police 2

Here's the second photo.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi John,

picture 1 is one sergeant (Unteroffizier)
          picture 2 is Sergeant (Feldwebel)

Comment

Ranks

Originally posted by Nordi View Post
            Hi John,

picture 1 is one sergeant (Unteroffizier)
            picture 2 is Sergeant (Feldwebel)
            Hi thanks for your help. For some reason I thought picture 1 was an officer. Still he was a very brave Unteroffizier.

Comment

I did visit Bill today. (Nov.17)

His color looked good again.

He will have another surgery next week, the bad part is that he has developed an infection in his lungs, so the entire process will take a little longer.

We talked about what happened to him, about WAF and the hobby, historical places we have been etc.

His son was there also (including his laptop, but I have no idea if contact with him that way is possible), and I left when some friends did visit him early in the evening.

Yours friendly

Eric-Jan Bakker
              Last edited by Simon O.; 11-19-2011, 04:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
                I did visit Bill today. (Nov.16)

His color looked good again.

He will have another surgery next week, the bad part is that he has developed an infection in his lungs, so the entire process will take a little longer.

We talked about what happened to him, about WAF and the hobby, historical places we have been etc.

His son was there also (including his laptop, but I have no idea if contact with him that way is possible), and I left when some friends did visit him early in the evening.

Yours friendly

Eric-Jan Bakker

Thank You for the update Eric-Jan. We are all rooting for Bill's speedy recovery and hope that the infection will be taken care of. Shocking and sad to hear this type of news, but at least he knows that we are all looking forward to hearing from him soon after his return to TX. Get well soon Bill!

Comment

Bill

Originally posted by PzV View Post
                  Bill started this thread quite a while ago as well as many others and I was just informed by his son that he had a heart attack in Rotterdam before he was able to return to Corpus Christi. I called him and he is recovering well but it looks like he will be in Rotterdam for a good month or so recovering. Please wish Bill a good recovery. Jim (PzV)
                  I am sorry about this belated get well wish for Bill ! Very sorry to hear about the heart problem and hope he will have a speedy recovery. Bill if you can read this, all us clowns @ WAF are praying for a full recovery !

Get well soon !

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                    one from my color slide collection, an interesting funeral color slide from Nuremberg Germany 1944.
                    showing French military prisoners having a French funeral outside the city.
                    Ian
                    What is the most interesting detail on this picture (at least to me) is the fact the German soldiers are holding captured French rifles (Berthier Model 1907)...

Nice picture of Beutewaffen.

Douglas

Comment

Wishing you a speedy recovery Bill, We all miss you here and look forward to you getting life back to normal in great health!

Kevin

Comment

Thought you all might like to take a look at a "revealing" candid of Otto Skorzeny, "The Most Dangerous Man in the World", recovered from a large group of images directly from his wife's estate.

Who said he didn't have a lighter side?

Comment

helmeted soldat

Here's a soldier wearing his helmet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Luftwaffe officer

Here's a Luftwaffe officer in a cool leather jacket. Can anyone tell me his rank? If his identity is known, I'd like to find out who he was.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Non com and family

Here's a non com with his wife and kids. What was his rank?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                                Here's a Luftwaffe officer in a cool leather jacket. Can anyone tell me his rank? If his identity is known, I'd like to find out who he was.
                                Wow I really like this portrait!Thank you for showing!
                                Here is my new one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X