4./Jagdfliegerschule 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4./Jagdfliegerschule 5

Hi Iam looking for information on this unit during 1941 and also where I would find the victory claims made by any of its pilots.

This could be a start:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Gliederung.htm

http://www.ww2.dk/air/schule/jfs5.htm

Gerdan

Comment

hi Gerdan thanks for the information,
      I have award documents to an officer who was in this unit who recieved the Iron Cross 1st Clas and 2nd Class

Comment

Originally posted by new collector View Post
        hi Gerdan thanks for the information,
        I have award documents to an officer who was in this unit who recieved the Iron Cross 1st Clas and 2nd Class
        What is his name?

Comment

Hi his name was Herbert Heck and he was an leutnant at the time he later went to Jg26 and was killed

Comment

He has 4 known kills. Here is what the Kracker archive has on him...
            Heck, Herbert Oblt 3/11/1909 Barmstedt
            Kills: 4
            2/JG-26 (Channel)
            Fw 190A-2 Werk # 5303 "Black 4" (lost 7/30/42)
            KIA 30 July, 1942 in aerial combat with a Spitfire of RAF No. 64 Sq. off Arques, near Verlinethun, and crashed near Samer, in his plane. Buried Bourdon Fr., 17/5/174 (Rosseels).

Comment

Could this be your guy?

Kriegsgräberstätte in Bourdon/France

Herbert Heck

Endgrablage: Block 17 Reihe 5 Grab 174

Nachname:Heck
              Vorname:Herbert
              Dienstgrad:Oberleutnant
              Geburtsdatum:11.03.1909
              Geburtsort:Barmstedt
              Todes-/Vermisstendatum:30.07.1942
              Todes-/Vermisstenort:Verlincthin

Gerdan

Comment

The only mention he seems to get in Don Caldwell's JG 26 War Diary is in Vol 1 and just briefly mentions his loss to Spitfires.

Comment

yes this is the Pilot Im just trying to find out what his victories were as he is credited with 4 as already recorded, so they must be registered somewhere as he did get the EK1 and 2

Comment

Im just trying to find out what his victories were as he is credited with 4 as already recorded, so they must be registered somewhere as he did get the EK1 and 2
                    Do you know what other units he served with, or did he go straight from flying schools to JG 26 (although I didn't see any of his claims in the JG-26 book)?
                    This website lists some Luftwaffe claims so you might be able to find something by searching through the lists...
                    http://don-caldwell.we.bs/claims/tonywood.htm

Comment

Hi I think the unit prior to him going to was attached to JG2 the fact that he got both Iron Crosses says he must have done something.

Comment

...the fact that he got both Iron Crosses says he must have done something.
                        Not necessarily. I have a citation set (also to a JG-2 pilot) that includes the EK II dated 28th August 1940 and an EK I dated 28th October 1940 and by the awarding of the EK I he was only credited with 1 kill during the Battle Of Britain (and having compared dates in various books I think the aircraft he claimed actually made it back to base, damaged but flyable.)
                        I've just checked Erik Mombeeck's 'In The Skies Of France - A Chronicle Of JG-2' Vol 1 and he isn't mentioned in it but it only goes up to 1940. Volume 2 is available but as it is only in French at the moment I don't have a copy of that one.
                        He isn't listed in the Victories section on this site... http://www.cieldegloire.com/jg_002.php
                        Last edited by hucks216; 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

hi I guess ill need to keep digging I may e-mail the guys at the Kracker files as they have him down for 4 victories so they may have the information

Comment

hi I guess ill need to keep digging I may e-mail the guys at the Kracker files as they have him down for 4 victories so they may have the information
                            You might also wish to try the 12 O'Clock High forum.

Comment

hi ive tried the forum. ive emailed the Kracker Archives regarding this pilot
                              bit of a mystery but thats collecting, i have the guys wehrpass award documents pilots lisence intrestingly he was an SS Oberststurmfuher in the Gestapo bet the guys in his squadron just loved that

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X