No announcement yet.

Stug brigade 914

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that this document don't help in this research...
    Originally posted by Richard Hedrick View Post
    To my knowledge the only Sturmpanzer unit to operate in Italy was Stu.Pz.Abt.216 and based on delivery records no other unit received Sturmpanzers except the 4 Sturmpanzer Abteilung.
    I think that you're doing a mistake...
    I write here all the Sturmpanzer units that fought in Italy, and as you can see there's not only the Stu.Pz.Abt.216:

Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 242
    Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 907
    Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 914
    Fallschirm-Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung XI. Fliegerkorps
    Sturmpanzer-Abteilung 216
    Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 242
    Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 907
    Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 914

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

I apologize if I did not address the original questions in my response, I believed the question to be about Sturmpanzers (Sd.Kfz.166) in Sturmgesch.Brig.914, the document clearly shows a connection with that unit and Stu.Pz.Abt. Although this appears to only be a paperwork connection I thought it may have caused the belief that Sturmgesch.Brig.914 was assigned Sturmpanzers (Sd.Kfz.166) when it was not.

Understand that all the units you have indicated above with the exception of Stu.Pz.Abt.216 were not equipped with Sturmpanzers (Sd.Kfz.166) but typically with Sturmgeschütz III (Sd.Kfz.142/1) and/or Sturmhaubitze (Sd.Kfz.142/2)

While the Sturmpanzer can be considered a Sturmgeschütz, Sturmgeschütz IV für 15 cm (StuH43) to be exact, the reverse is not the case so all Sturmgeschütz cannot be considered Sturmpanzer.

Again sorry to have misunderstood the original question and muddy the waters but the fact remains that the only unit to field the Sturmpanzer (Sd.Kfz.166) in Italy was Stu.Pz.Abt.216.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by antony.s View Post
        Sorry, where you see that the 914 was equipped with Sturmpanzer IV?
        Not always the same units were equipped with the same weapons...
        I'm afraid that you have misunderstood me, I said that 914 never had the Sturmpanzer IV and that the units listed on the link were the only ones so equipped. No Sturmgeschütz units had the Sturmpanzer, the clue is in the name after all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X