No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks extremely... It looks like I will never be able to meet one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John Toner View Post
      Bauer & Zoppoth are not recognised RKT holders.

John
      Bauer is reckognized , he is in the "Fellgiebel" page 124 and falls under the chapter 18 awarded : reckognized by the Bundeswehr and the Ordensgemeinschaft Der Ritterkreuzträger , but his award couldn't be checked in the official records of the Bundesarchive.
      Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Bauer & Zoppoth are not recognised RKT holders.

John

Zoppoth also figures in the "Fellgiebel" page 459 , award bestowed 09/05/1945

Comment

I also don't think that Kuchar is recognised.

John
          Kuchar is on page 277 and his award was dated on 11/05/1945

Comment

Zoppoth Kuchar Bauer NOT confirmed.

Comment

Mr. Broch want to stop receving stuffs

Hello guys, it's been quite a long time.

In last fall, I exchanged letter with Mr. Broch been a while. Along with some questions and photos as usual.

As you know he's 98 years old and stuffs(letter, photos etc.) can be make hard to him, like it did to others veterans. For that reason I asked a question to Mr. Broch that if he want stop receving stuffs. If he want, I wanted to be sure about it for help him as much as I can.

And he had ask to stop sending stuffs. He told me it's hard in his age. Some guys may have sent some stuffs to him in the meantime, but I hope (at least us) we respect his intention and just let him rest.

I'm heartily sorry that I couldn't say it immediately. Some of you know I have health problems and for that reason I can't come here often as I used to.

Anyway, everone be careful about the COVID-19. May the good health be with you always.

p.s. I use english rarely these days. So I wasn't good at english originally, but it could be worse now. lol.

Comment

Saw this posted online, don’t know who to credit but here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickfigure21 View Post
                  Saw this posted online, don’t know who to credit but here it is.

I believe some guys who are close to him will be able to keep meeting him. No doubt about it.

Comment

Ludwig Bauer (not confirmed holder)

20.05.2020 FB_IMG_1590244967363.jpg

Comment

Also just got the news. He was a great gentleman to talk too, strict and still remembered quite a lot! May he Rest in Peace.
                      Attached Files

Comment

sad news indeed

Sad news
                        He was to come to the Bastogne commemorations last december, but was too ill.

I talked with him on the phone to visit him in february, but then came Corona..
                        Too bad, he was a fine person and known for this fact during the siege of Bastogne
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very sad news, he wars a gentleman. RiP Ludwig Bauer

Comment

What a sad news. We lost another gentleman again.

May he rest in peace

Comment

With Bauer gone, the only living RKT I've met is Hugo. I knew this day was coming but nothing can prepare you for it

Comment

Very sorry to say Gottfried has past away. He lived in the next town over and I knew him for the last five or so years and we would have lunch together once a month. We would talk a lot about his experiences in the Luftwaffe and growing up in Germany. My dad was also in the Luftwaffe on the Russian front and I'm a USAF vet myself. I really enjoyed talking to him in German, that helped me keep up on my first language. So I can tell you he was the real deal. Much of what we talked about isn't in his book, he was a very interesting person to talk to and is missed by me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X