No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met Eberhard Heder quite a few times at the OdR , he helped me a lot with info on his time with Btl Narwa ,very sad that he has gone , Ruhe in Frieden

Comment

Johann Stollnberger 14.08.17

Gesendet von meinem Z00D mit Tapatalk

Comment

For me personally this is tragic news. Sorry is very sorry! Eberhard Heder rest in peace dear veteran!

Comment

Suggestion : Membership badge

Can I make a suggestion?

I saw that my friend(who collecting original WW2 medal&badges in this forum) have an his thread badge what made by Rettenmairer(make badges while WW2 and still work in that part). I think it will be make members to get some fellowship and make unite members of lots of groups and threads about KC recipients.

And above all things, I want to support KC recipients through benefit of badges. Even living KC recipients aren't lot.

I know it's not easy. But if we will do it, it will be very meaningful.

I would like get some advice and opinion from you guys.

Thx for reading. Han

p.s. I suggest samething on 'Das Ritterkreuz and the Ritterkreuzträger Wehrmacht' page of Facebook too. Because that page has support German veterans few time through selling there signed photo or calendar. (And also lots of members of group/page/thread about Ritterkreuzträger has already follow that page.) But looks admin of that page will not do it.

Comment

Happy 100th Birthday to Karl-Günther von Hase!

Comment

Originally posted by PerMilitaria View Post
              Happy 100th Birthday to Karl-Günther von Hase!

Happy Birthday ! I met him many times and he is a great guy !!!!!!! Tom

Comment

RIP Herr Heder.

Jurgen

Comment

I'm back....... Finally

Well, considering I first posted this thread a DECADE ago, I guess it is only fitting that life brings me back to WAF now, after a nearly five year absence.

I must say that sadness fills my heart to see so many now gone, but as I have learned in my life: time waits for no man. The last time I updated the list there were still well over 100 RKT living, now only a fraction remain.

Today, for the first time in many years I opened the box that contains my collection of photos and correspondence with veterans and RKT over the years. It is not an easy thing to see the letters written by them, but at the same time it is also a good feeling to have had that moment at all.

Thank you to all of you who have kept this post updated & active. I never thought when I first started it that it would be as popular as it was, but now 10 years later it has almost 200 pages and that is only possible thanks to all who have added and updated !!!

Happy collecting in 2018 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntzman View Post
                    Well, considering I first posted this thread a DECADE ago, I guess it is only fitting that life brings me back to WAF now, after a nearly five year absence.

I must say that sadness fills my heart to see so many now gone, but as I have learned in my life: time waits for no man. The last time I updated the list there were still well over 100 RKT living, now only a fraction remain.

Today, for the first time in many years I opened the box that contains my collection of photos and correspondence with veterans and RKT over the years. It is not an easy thing to see the letters written by them, but at the same time it is also a good feeling to have had that moment at all.

Thank you to all of you who have kept this post updated & active. I never thought when I first started it that it would be as popular as it was, but now 10 years later it has almost 200 pages and that is only possible thanks to all who have added and updated !!!

Good to see you are still around Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Huntzman View Post

Did you had contact with Franz Gerl ?
                      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Thanks, Paul, it's good to be back !!!

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
                        Good to see you are still around Andrew
                        Rick Admiraal - No, sorry, I did not have any correspondence with Franz Gerl.

Comment

When I last lived in Germany (2001-2002) I had the honor of a long private meeting with Artur Becker-Neetz. He brought his RK and allowed my wife to take pictures of me holding it. He was a truly outstanding man. We corresponded a bit afterwards but I'm ashamed to admit I let it trail off. I just recently found out he passed away in late 2016 (!) He was 95 years old. I really wish I had kept in better touch with him as we could have had a very long friendship.

I also had the honor of meeting Eberhard Schmalz (changed his name to Hardy Svenson after the war) in the summer of 2000. Met him at a picnic of all places. We had a mutual friend who was actually very close to Hardy. Sadly he passed away only a couple years later.

Comment

Ritterkreuzträger Fritz Vehse died.

Ruhe in Frieden, Fritz!

Comment

Oh no..... source for Vehse? Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately it is true. I was in Grömitz at his home today an was informed by a neighbour that he died. :-( I visited Fritz many times before.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X