Pilot-Observer Badge with Diamonds today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juvatwad View Post
    Here's some information: NO ONE can tell those are photos of diamond P/O badges.
    I've been researching about the holders of the PO Badge with diamonds for sometime now. If you don't trust my work, check the excellent thread on AHF made by Mark Costa (also a member here)

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewto...onds&start=150

89 confirmed recipients.

Or you can start your own thread, research yourself and take the time (as I do) looking for photographic evidence.

Comment

Actually it is quite easy to spot a diamond badge if you know what you are looking for. All the photos shown above recently by Sepp are CONFIRMED recipients. If wish to ignore them -- do so. But you would be in error. As Sepp stated I too have been researching recipients for some 40 years. I think I am qualified by now to know the difference. But that is my opinion. You can accept that or move on. I believe my reputation speaks for itself as does Sepp's.

Mark Costa

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
        Actually it is quite easy to spot a diamond badge if you know what you are looking for. All the photos shown above recently by Sepp are CONFIRMED recipients. If wish to ignore them -- do so. But you would be in error. As Sepp stated I too have been researching recipients for some 40 years. I think I am qualified by now to know the difference. But that is my opinion. You can accept that or move on. I believe my reputation speaks for itself as does Sepp's.

Mark Costa
        Thanks Mark

Comment

Pieter Verbruggen (one of the most knowledge individuals in the field) said the following:

"A PO Badge with diamonds is so easy to spot on a good period picture if you know what to look for. So if they do not have knowledge they need to shut up"

Comment

You guys are simply clowns; rude, arrogant clowns. You would't speak that way to me in person, I guarantee it.

Comment

You guys are simply clowns; rude, arrogant clowns. You would't speak that way to me in person, I guarantee it.
              Sepp, Mark and Pieter are experts on Diamond Pilot Badges, they need no introduction in this area.

Your comment is arrogant, insulting and uncalled for. I would tone it way down from here if I were you.
              But for the rest of us don't yellow-stain a fantastic thread like this by your bad behavior.

-Serge

Comment

Going back on track, here's an amazing portrait of Generaloberst Kurt Student wearing the PO badge with diamonds.

He was presented with the special badge on September 2nd, 1940.
                Attached Files

Comment

Please keep it down a bit no one attacked you personally or insulted you so no reason to do attacks on people here. Sepp did an outstanding job making this thread as a research project for the community. I researched these diamonds for many years and used this thread very often as a complement of my work that I published in my book. Pictures posted in the last few post are diamonds, no doubt and actually quite easy to see.

Seb
                  The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
                  Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
                  www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                    Going back on track, here's an amazing portrait of Generaloberst Kurt Student wearing the PO badge with diamonds.

He was presented with the special badge on September 2nd, 1940.
                    Wow what a portrait Sepp, I would kill for it.

Continua tu excelente trabajo y investigacion amigo, nosotros apreciamos mucho.

Seb
                    The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
                    Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available

Comment

Thank you guys for the comments here, truly great!

But I also want to acknowledge Mark Costa, who made one of the first list of holders back in 2012 (on the AHF).

Comment

Oberst Bernd von Brauchitsch wearing (and then removing) his PO badge with diamonds during his surrender alongside Hermann Göring in May 1945, to personnel from the 36th U.S. Division of the 7th American Army.

The whereabouts of his badge remains a mystery.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The left picture shows clearly the IMIT diamonds PO. Very nice picture.

Seb
                          Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available

Comment

3rd Type PO Badge with diamonds (marked "585" in the back), from the 2016 Andreas-Thies auction.

According to Thies, this came from the personal estate of Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Adolf Galland and Werner Mölders displaying both diamonds badges!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                                One more of Paul of Yugoslavia wearing the diamonds badge
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X