Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Minesweeper, makers??

Hi Guys (and gals),

I finally got around to taking some pictures of these two minesweeper badges. They are both umarked. I am updating my insurance files and hoping to better describe them. Would a few of you be so lind as to take a few minutes and speculate as to who the makers were and how you came to that conclusion?

Thanks in advance!!
    Best regards,
    Terrence

1st badge

Comment

catch

Comment

2nd badge which has had all the silver on the plume removed

Comment

2nd badge

Comment

Hi Terrence,

The first one is an L11, they also exist as marked variants and it's in fact the only buntmetall Minesweeper i'm aware of with this typical little block hinge.

The second one is believed to be an early Juncker based upon the setup that is a perfect match to the once found on the Juncker CA and the unmarked AC's.

KR
            Philippe

PS FRANK: does that crippled Deumer catch in combination with the block hinge ring a bell I think we might have found a possible lead here to a new GAB maker

Comment

Hi Terrence.

Here's that marked Deumer Philippe is referring to, with that typical catch.

KR
              Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

maybe someone could helm me in this ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=89473

Comment

Philippe, Peter

Thank you both so much. Frank, will your book also detail the KM badges?

Best regards,

T

Comment

Dear Terrence,

No, KM badges will be covered in another volume in the future. Philippe was just talking about a cross reference of a certain Minesweeper L/11 catch style with GABs. There are very few moments in the GAB book where I mention and even show some other war badges to justify some maker idendifications, such as the "small W" maker mark from Wurster. I cannot assume that every reader will have the same "base knowledge" as we have it in here. So sometimes I have to simplify, other times I have to explain more and sometimes I have to remind myself not to use "Porsche GAB" or write "use the search function"!

As to Philippe´s remark, I did talk it over with him but do not think it warrants another "for sure" identification of a previous unknown GAB maker. Too many question marks remain. But every hint might complete a puzzle one day. And just as good and precious as finding new matches is to be able to exclude some connections from further theories.
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Dear Frank,

Thank you so much for writing back. I thought that the KM might be in a future edition. I agree, every piece of the puzzle helps. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I will look forward to having a copy soon.

Best regards,
                      T

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X