No announcement yet.

A few Hilfskreuzer awards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly a remarkable piece in your collection. I wonder what ever happened to some of the pieces in the late Bill Stumps collection.

Comment

You have something to be proud of there Martin. I agree about your comments on the zinc Schwerin. The neck and head is thicker and more detailed than the others. Wonderful piece. You have been very determined and focused with your collection.

Thanks again for sharing.
      Regards,
      Rudy

Comment

Thanks again for the additional comments guys.

I have to say that i been very fortunate in obtaining albums,documents and other HK related items that came from a fellow collector,historian and all around HK geek like myself,who sadly passed away a few years ago.
        The collection came via the family.

HK stuff is very expensive these days though.so i do not buy very often and over the last few years i have mainly focused my collecting on items from the Thor or Michel.Having said that i'm still on the lookout for award documents from certain ship's.
        I posted all of my award documents above,so i would like to add doc's from the Komet,Pinguin,Widder,Thor 1,signed by Otto Kahler,and the Atlantis.

Cheers,Martin.
        Last edited by Martin W; 04-21-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Hello Martin!

Thanks for showing Your focused Collection!

Comment

Nice Hilfskreuzer awards

What are you think about this award ?

Good or Fake ?
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi KFS,

well i am not an expert on documents and there are a few things about this document that would concern me.

First,the printed lettering on the document is of a font i have not seen on other HK doc's.
              Also,the name of the Commander of Thor 2,Gumprich is misspelled.

I also have the complete crewlist from the second cruise of the Thor and i do not see the name of Josef Hallhubers on the list.

Here is a document for a crewmember of the HK Michel that was signed by F Kpt Dr Karl Bohme a few days before on March 26 1943,this is the font i am used to seeing on HK documents.

I'm not saying your doc is a fake but just not what i would expect to see from a Thor crewman.

Regards,Martin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Martin for your opinion

I think you are right too much things are not right

i pass on the Document

Best wishes kfs

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X