No announcement yet.

Destroyer War Badge for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's that Type 2 example in its entirety. This was from Military Antiques Stockholm's website some time ago.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here's another comparison of the original Type 1 and Type 2 reverses. These are scaled and rotated to match and I've superimposed identical red triangles with the top point centred on the top hook. This shows that the Type 2 arrangement is not simply a transposition of the same Type 1 arrangement, but rather a whole new orientation of the hardware attachments and the maker mark, indicating a separate reverse die.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Norm F; 12-08-2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Here's the Staegemeir JFS fake. This was apparently based upon the more common Type 1 badge.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike and Norm
            Here is my type 2 JFS Destroyer. In the past I also had type 1 but then upgraded with this one.
            Cheers,
            Hubert
            Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks Norm and Mike for your comments. I really appreciate Norm's detailed analysis of the Type 1 and Type 2 badges - very informative and thank you for sharing your expertise on this. I guess my badge looks good after all despite the replacement hooks which have been very neatly done - it's not for the 'dud' drawer after all. Many thanks again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X