Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer Badge Opinions (RS)

Hello, guys!

Your opinions on this badge are interesting to me.
    I think it the RS badge which lived long life, but didn't become because of it a fake.

Thanks!
    Best regards Wlad
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 07-25-2015, 08:52 AM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Hi Wlad,

I've know we've discussed this very same badge in a past thread somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

It's a "real" Souval but someone has ground off the reverse surface to remove the R.S. mark. Here's a Souval S-Boat that had a similar treatment: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=594688

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Last edited by Norm F; 07-25-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
      Hi Wlad,

I've know we've discussed this very same badge in a past thread somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

It's a "real" Souval but someone has ground off the reverse surface to remove the R.S. mark. Here's a Souval S-Boat that had a similar treatment: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=594688

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Many thanks, Norm!

I agree, the badge saw a lot of things for these 70 years.

What do you think on a wreath? These are the remains of an original covering, or fresh paint?

Comment

Originally posted by kazak48 View Post
        I agree, the badge saw a lot of things for these 70 years.

What do you think on a wreath? These are the remains of an original covering, or fresh paint?
        Hi Wlad,

Well, just because it's a real Souval doesn't necessarily mean it's 70 years old.

That could be either wartime or post-war gilding -- it's hard to tell at this point because of the poor condition. And poor condition is no guarantee of age.

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
          Hi Wlad,

Well, just because it's a real Souval doesn't necessarily mean it's 70 years old.

That could be either wartime or post-war gilding -- it's hard to tell at this point because of the poor condition. And poor condition is no guarantee of age.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Thanks again!

Best regards,
          Wlad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X