oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I request your opinion on a A Naval High Seas Fleet Badge 1941. Marked FEC. ADOLF BO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I request your opinion on a A Naval High Seas Fleet Badge 1941. Marked FEC. ADOLF BO

A Naval High Seas Fleet Badge 1941. Marked FEC. ADOLF BOCK over AUSF. SCHWERIN BERLIN
    Attached Files

It shows slight wear,but it looks OK to me.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Not sure it is so slight Martin.

The area about the catch looks reworked as the letters seem to be covered over.

It is a period HSF badge.

John

Comment

You are probably correct John,but i was not too specific when i was refering to the obverse finish only.

Maybe some close up images of the catch area will confirm your observations ?

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Martin W View Post
          You are probably correct John,but i was not too specific when i was refering to the obverse finish only.

Maybe some close up images of the catch area will confirm your observations ?

Regards,Martin.
          Hope the helps
          100_6525.jpg

Comment

If this one has a reworked catch, how is it that the solder has the same back color...could it just have been a sloppy job in the first soldering ? I wonder if others have badges that are sloppily soldered when made? I hear some company's had cottage industries helping to produce items as did the Luftwaffe in aircraft production manufacturing. (I'm just asking) .

Comment

Agreed, HSF is original tombak Schwerin badge, but the catch looks repaired - its shape is not right and it is slightly too wide IMO.
              Cheers,
              Hubert

Comment

Hi Guys,

Here's the previous discussion on George's badge from last year:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=743573

The same concerns were raised then, but I think through no fault of his own, George's camera quality and photo angles are not up to providing definitive images. The current images such as they are indeed give the impression that the catch may have been replaced and the badge refinished, but only higher quality images can clear this up.

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X