Viktor Kempf on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dietrich,
    I fargot to mention in my earlier post that closeups of my Deumer u-boat that were stolen by Mr. Kempf and used (after photoshop job!) in his publications were taken by me for the purpose of the book by Franke&Robinson 'The Kriegsmarine Awards' vol. III and can be found on page 31. I understand that this is a crystal clear copyright violation by this crook!
    Cheers,
    Hubert
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BubbaZ; 12-29-2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

1. Sorry, 2 close up images were deleted. I apologies about it. It were received from a collector among other his images. I will double check to whom belonged that images.
      2. Title of the book is changed.
      3. Here you show the images from old electronic version of the book which was exist only a few days 9 months ago and you know about it. Please discuss about the last version.
      4. About different badges and close up images on one page. Yes, a lot of pages has 2-3 different close up images with different setup. Because on that page is described 2-3 different variants of the badges and you can see different numbers bellow each images.
      5. One author on a market during a few years - is it good idea and will helpful for a collectors community?
      Last edited by vik33vik; 12-29-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vik33vik View Post
        1. Sorry, 2 close up images were deleted. I apologies about it. It were received from a collector among other his images. I will double check to whom belonged that images.
        I take this as an answer to my question regarding the "Beco". I can asure you that you did NOT receive the photos from a collector. No need to stall the answer - they are 100% lifted from the book "The Kriegsmarine Awards".

Of course it is a good thing when more books about a topic are on the market and it is even better when new angles are presented and/or new findings are presented. But when the publications are full of stolen material and fantasy numbers, it is not helpfull.

Here is another example, another copy artist making a fast buck. This crook even had the audacity to name himself as a source for the photo. Discusting, but I know of a lot of people who give the impression in books and in the Internet that the contents of their books and blogs are the result of their own research. Poor people who need to do that, very poor! Too stupid to do their own research. Or too lazy!
        Attached Files
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

...3. Here you show the images from old electronic version of the book which was exist only a few days 9 months ago and you know about it. Please discuss about the last version.
          First of all that was not a few days and 9 months agao but a long time and 4 months ago. Secondly, what makes you think that I would spend my money to buy tha latest edition just to prove to you that there are still stolen photos in it? I am not stupid and this very thread here is a testament to your modus operandi.

Shame on you!
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I see my photos, obverses and reverses, of at least 9 badges lifted for Kempf's Minesweeper catalog and that's not including the other times when just hardware closeups were lifted -- needless to say all without permission. Similarly, I see a lot of Hubert's photos lifted from the forums as well.

Here's another example (out of many). This pages shows the obverse, reverse and closeup of one of my Mayer badges as well as a row of closeups from another one of my badges. On the comparison you can see how he has Photoshopped the reverse to remove the text and attempted disguise by altering the pattern of zinc pest and blemishes.

I can see why Mr. Kempf says this took "10 hours a day including weekends"...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
              First of all that was not a few days and 9 months agao but a long time and 4 months ago. Secondly, what makes you think that I would spend my money to buy tha latest edition just to prove to you that there are still stolen photos in it? I am not stupid and this very thread here is a testament to your modus operandi.

Shame on you!
              Hi Dietrich,
              You do not have to, I can assure you that at this moment there is still at least 30! stolen photos of my badges only and I have not reviewed all his 'publications' offered on ebay yet, only some of them, since I am far from putting a single penny in this crook's pocket... As I said earlier, my Deumer u-boat photos that I posted above are just an example and there is much more there!

Mr. Kempf,
              this is pathetic what you are saying here, your replies are the mixture of ridiculous excuses and just plain lies!

Regards,
              Hubert
              Last edited by John R.; 12-29-2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Here are my two previously posted badge photos raided for that page shown in post #35.

The thing is, I'm happy to permit the use of my photos free of charge in a reputable and well-researched work if I'm approached in advance and satisfied with the quality of the project. I'm also happy for the occasional use of my photos for educational purposes not for profit.

But the large scale raiding of photos for a poorly executed for-profit venture cannot be condoned or excused.
                  Attached Files

Comment

One also has to remark that the alteration of stolen photos, as clearly demonstrated by Norm here, is a deliberate act. It shows that Kempf knew he used a photo he was not allowed to use and tried to cover up the illegal act.

It is sad that we have people like this in our hobby.

He can answer here, but he cannot defend his actions. He will be banned under the current user name, but that is really of no consequence. He never has contributed any useful to the community here, he is only a member to steal, and he will come back with a new identity - just like all the other crooks that have been removed.
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Although not directly related to his badge catalogs, here's another of his sales websites:
                      http://coins.ua-ru.com

and a discussion about its content...
                      http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php/...9762-for-real/

Comment

Ha. He's even the bane of coin collecting!!!!

Comment

Scam artist at work...he should he locked away for stealing people's money in coins and militaria. Geez what else does this idiot sell...

Chris

Comment

He is reading this thread right now and it seems he already has a new screen name "vikmam". I guess I gonna ban both and let the owner sort them out! If vikmam is legit, he should post so right no.
                            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

All images are listed on the books are from my collection or have a written permission.
                              Viktor,

Allow me to ask a few questions of you:

Is the Minesweeper Badge (pictured below) from your own personal collection? No!

Did you buy it in 2013 at a gun show in St. Petersburg, Russia? No!

Did you even take the pictures of the badge? No! I did!

Since you really do not own the badge (but I do) did you get permission from me, either verbally or in writing, to use my pictures? No!

Is the use of my pictures in your publications, without my permission, allowable under "fair use" of copyrighted material. No!

Are you in violation of copyright laws? Yes!

Can you get in legal trouble over this? Yes! And this could potentially cost you a lot more money than any financial gains you hope to achieve by using the pirated, copyrighted materials of others.

I suppose I should not ask questions that I already know the answers to.

But let this serve as my official notice to you. Please take the appropriate, corrective action.

Who loves the competitors?
                              The issue here is not about being a competitor. I have no problem with you putting out all the publications you want. But it should be your own work and not rely on utilizing the pirated works of others.
                              Attached Files
                              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi,

better send him some police officers
                                or a letter of a good lawyer .........

regards

Otto
                                Last edited by John R.; 12-30-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X