• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nearly sold my mint example for £2k, glad I didn't
    That's a lot of lolly!!
    Best - Greg

Comment

Sorry Darrell, I meant I could not get my link to Military Collectibles Inc. website to work, your link was fine.
      Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

sorry but this is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
          Sorry Darrell, I meant I could not get my link to Military Collectibles Inc. website to work, your link was fine.
          Jeff is it consigned from them? I looked at their listings and the prices are in another Galaxy .... WOW ... if this is true then I can imagine why the price is where it is at ...

http://militarycollectiblesinc.com/catalog/

Comment

The KM badges at Military Collectibles Inc has been there for a very long time. I don't think they will be sold anytime soon with those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
              The KM badges at Military Collectibles Inc has been there for a very long time. I don't think they will be sold anytime soon with those prices.
              It doesn't really make good business sense for some dealers to have items sit around forever. Better to keep stuff moving at 10% profit that trying to hit a home run with items marked at 100% +. If they are marked at those prices and they are only making 10% ... time to find another line of work ....

Comment

Originally posted by darrell View Post
                it doesn't really make good business sense for some dealers to have items sit around forever. Better to keep stuff moving at 10% profit that trying to hit a home run with items marked at 100% +. If they are marked at those prices and they are only making 10% ... Time to find another line of work ....
                +1

Comment

Insane??

.....IMO of course that price is not only insane...it is 100% absurd. It represents another attempt, by a dealer, to manipulate prices to a as yet unheard of plateau.

I do not believe that it is intended to sell.

It is, as I just mentioned, just another shoddy, not-so-subtle, transparent device to raise prices across the board.

Now, some collectors will start saying crap like "well maybe $3000 isn't so bad". Hogwash!

Just greed raising it's ugly head again.

Oh wait....a mint PAB must now be worth $1500.

Coming soon to a shop in the ethernet near you a new round of ridiculous pricing.

Crap.

Comment

Yep, the reason i do not collect Hilfskreuzer awards anymore.I am still interested in photo's and documents,but the prices on anything Hilfskreuzer related have gone through the roof.
                    I'll keep what i have for now in regards to the "goodies or rareities"but i will slowly sell off my award collection to fund other interests in collecting.

Regards,Martin.
                    Last edited by Martin W; 11-14-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Such crazy prices are exclusively for people who have money for nothing In every hobby there is a percentage of them but not to many to be able to set any standards fortunately
                      Since it looks like there is no provenance or glorious history behind it hence IMO this set is not worth more than 2300 eur (200 etui, 2000 AC badge, 100 mini), less than half of the price asked.
                      Cheers,
                      Hubert

BTW, it's on hold allready

Comment

Originally posted by Martin W View Post
                        Yep, the reason i do not collect Hilfskreuzer awards anymore.I am still interested in photo's and documents,but the prices on anything Hilfskreuzer related have gone through the roof.
                        I'll keep what i have for now in regards to the "goodies or rareities"but i will slowly sell off my award collection to fund other interests in collecting.

Regards,Martin.
                        There are actually many who think the bottom has fallen out of the market and we'll all have to give our stuff away soon ... ahhh ... yeah right ...

Quality will always sell ... eventually (even with crazy prices) as is the case with this piece (apparently).

Comment

[QUOTE=BubbaZ;6672003]Such crazy prices are exclusively for people who have money for nothing In every hobby there is a percentage of them but not to many to be able to set any standards fortunately
                          Since it looks like there is no provenance or glorious history behind it hence IMO this set is not worth more than 2300 eur (200 etui, 2000 AC badge, 100 mini), less than half of the price asked.
                          Cheers,
                          Hubert

BTW, it's on hold allready [/QUOT

If you can find cased Auxiliary Cruiser badges in this condition for 2200 euros please send as many as you can to the US.

Gary B
                          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

AhHA.......

BTW, it's on hold already
                            That's the next step in the scam. It's on hold??? Please Mildred pull the other leg!

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
                              Such crazy prices are exclusively for people who have money for nothing In every hobby there is a percentage of them but not to many to be able to set any standards fortunately
                              Cheers,
                              Hubert

BTW, it's on hold allready
                              I agree.

Now apparently this was a consignment piece for MB by a "high end collector" and "very good customer". Fair enough.

MB only added a 5% mark up on the the item.

This still does not alter my attititude in regards to collecting Hilfskreuzer or any other type of KM award.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Hi Guys......

Now apparently this was a consignment piece for MB by a "high end collector" and "very good customer". Fair enough.
                                There is far more to the story than this. I do not know how this info came about, but unless this "high end collector" and "very good customer" happens to be another dealer than I suppose that makes it correct.

There's something going on, and this is not, IMHO, a matched set that started out together. Of course in M-B's ad there isn't anything said about this actually being a 'matching' set is there?

This Auxiliary Cruiser badge was offered for sale a short while back(by a dealer) for 2100 Euro. It was marked sold, and then appeared on M-B's site a week later priced at 3200 Euro. Can you say consignment? I suppose there isn't much harm in this "high end collector" and "very good customer" wanting to make a short term investment with a very high end gain is there? Of course not. How silly of me to think as much. But what's curious is this mysterious appearance of the case and mini.

Have I missed something. Now...here appears the same badge(gussied up a bit) for upwards of $6000. Huh? Oh wait. Does this mean that the case and mini are worth at least 1800 Euro? Could that be right?

In any case, I see this as a WWII collectible that is being used to manipulate prices. How you might ask? First it appears at the ridiculous price(IMHO) of 2100 Euro(that's a fourfold jump in 5 years) subsequently marked as sold by the dealer that offered it at that price. Within a week of it ostensibly selling it quickly goes up to 3200 Euro on yet another dealer's site(doesn't sell at that price), and, Lo and Behold, now we see it mated with a 1800 Euro case & mini(choke, cough, gag) to bring it to a grand total of(can you believe it?) 5000 Euro. For a post war assembled set. How simply amazing. What will they think of next?

Again...this is my opinion, and not that of anyone at this web site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X