Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
    Hi Cliff,

Yes, the "100 mark in the catch crimp represents the firm of Wächtler & Lange, Mittweida but this wound badge was likely manufactured for them by Adolf Scholze in Gablonz. Incomplete examples were found ground-dug in Gablonz along with Scholze's original wartime accounting books listing Wächtler & Lange as a major client. The "AS in triangle" S-Boat badge was also likely made by Adolf Scholze -- certainly Gablonz-made anyway.

That Assmann Minesweeper sure has seen a lot of action! Nice history.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Hi Norm, Thank you for taking the time to give me all of this great information. You guys really know your stuff!. Are you saying the gold wound badge is a scarce maker/variation?

Thanks, Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
      Are you saying the gold wound badge is a scarce maker/variation?

Thanks, Cliff
      Hi Cliff,

I don't know if it's rare - you'll have to ask the guys in the Wound Badge forum.

I'm just saying that unfinished examples of the solid zinc 100-marked crimped wound badges were found ground-dug in Gablonz in the company of unfinished zinc Schwerin U-Boat clasps and "AS in triangle" badges as seen in this thread, and simultaneously Adolf Scholze's accounting books in Gablonz showed both W&L and Schwerin were major clients. It's this evidence that points to these wound badges being made in Gablonz by Scholze despite being marked for a Mittweida firm.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Norm F; 09-17-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X