Denazified E-Boat Minesweeper Gold Wound ect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denazified E-Boat Minesweeper Gold Wound ect

I've been buying a lot of stuff off a very old collector lately. He's been selling off his collection and I have first shot at everything. I bought this framed lot right off his wall yesterday. He didn't know a lot about what kind of badges they were. He told me he got them off a German woman years ago whos father served in the German Navy. These all belonged to him. Its really too bad he had some of them denatzified. I'm assuming he wanted to wear them after the war. Its funny that some of them have not been damaged but I think perhaps he only wore some of them after the war perhaps in reunions or such. I'm not a big "badge" guy and would like to get some opinions. What are the ribbons for?

Thanks in advance, Cliff
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

sorry for the poor photos. I don't have a lot of time this morning and took them fast. The guy has another case on his wall with WWI German medals. I'm not much into that stuff but think I'm going to go by today and buy them...
                Attached Files

Comment

I think this gold wound badge is really cool. I've never had one and I think it's great that I have the same guys black and silver ones. There are some tiny letters or numbers next to the clasp [on gold one]. Never saw this before....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Front of badge is gold but back and pin is silver. I looked at the marking with a loop and it looks like "00" or "100".
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                        Front of badge is gold but back and pin is silver. I looked at the marking with a loop and it looks like "00" or "100".
                        Hi Cliff,

Yes, the "100 mark in the catch crimp represents the firm of Wächtler & Lange, Mittweida but this wound badge was likely manufactured for them by Adolf Scholze in Gablonz. Incomplete examples were found ground-dug in Gablonz along with Scholze's original wartime accounting books listing Wächtler & Lange as a major client. The "AS in triangle" S-Boat badge was also likely made by Adolf Scholze -- certainly Gablonz-made anyway.

That Assmann Minesweeper sure has seen a lot of action! Nice history.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                          What are the ribbons for?
                          The 2-piece ribbon bar is for the War Merit Cross with swords 2nd class (KVK2) and the Eastern Front Medal. The 3-piece ribbon bar is for a WW1 veteran and includes the Iron Cross 2nd class on the left and on the right is the Honour Cross (Hindenberg cross) with swords (instituted in 1934 for WW1 veterans). I don't know what the middle ribbon is on that one but I'm sure someone else will chip in shortly.

Best regards,
                          ---Norm

Comment

"Middle ribbon" is Bavarian Military service Cross....
                            John G.

Comment

Is the silver WB actually black example? The reverse gives this appearance to me?

Best regards, fischer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X