Awards from veterans belt for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post

As for price, 1500 pounds is probably too low for condition and makers involved.

Well then we will see if these move for 2850 pounds...

Comment

I shudder to say this out loud, but to sell at dealer prices it's probably much easier to sell off the individual components as there is a far greater collector market for each individual badge than for the entire artifact at this price. Then again selling it intact at a lower price might go to a dedicated collector but could very well end up being broken up for resale anyway.

It would be a crying shame to break it up, as it's more historically interesting, meaningful, and informative as an intact artifact, but likely the same economic forces have already caused the dissassembly of many an end-of-war collection, sample board, sales case, boxed hoard, etc.

The idealist in me hopes some dedicated well-healed KM collector will make it part of their collection or put it in a museum, but the realist in me despairs...

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

I say it is worth between 1500 and 2850 pounds (plus shipping and paypal fees)

John

Comment

Awards from veterans belt for opinions

Hi,

Did you buy this form the owner? As I saw this on Antique Road Show (a few years ago) and then the appraisal was two thousand pounds.

Nice buy,

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmark View Post
            Well then we will see if these move for 2850 pounds...
            Actually I was thinking 2000 Pounds would have been closer to the mark for a group sale like, assuming there IS evidence to back the story. It would be an excellent and interesting instant KM collection for someone who has thought about KM but has not wanted to get individual badges vetted/posted/etc.

The seller can however, do whatever he wants with his item and ask whatever price he wants to ask (just as we can discuss his items and his price), regardless of what we may think - that is his right.

Ultimately, the market will decide.

Regards
            Mike

PS: OK, that was co-incidence - Lou's post popped up while I was writing the above reply and I did not see it until I posted!
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lou58 View Post
              Hi,

Did you buy this form the owner? As I saw this on Antique Road Show (a few years ago) and then the appraisal was two thousand pounds.

Nice buy,

Lou
              That was a different one that had about 5 of each badge on it if I remember . Rob
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I am very pleased to say the belt is now on hold and is going to a fitting new owner as a complete whole belt

Comment

Kriegsmarine Belt

That is good news. It's the only way forward really.

Comment

Hello all,

Back to the belt, and not its sale.

The large Kriegsmarine eagle, is it pin back with a hinge and a catch by chance? Can we see photos of the reverse before you ship out the belt?

Also, it eludes me who the maker of the Minesweeper is though I have one from this manufacturer. I know it is a fairly common maker for this award but could anyone refresh my memory? Is it R.K.?

Thank you.

William Kramer
                    Attached Files
                    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                      Hello all,
                      Also, it eludes me who the maker of the Minesweeper is though I have one from this manufacturer. I know it is a fairly common maker for this award but could anyone refresh my memory? Is it R.K.?

Thank you.

William Kramer
                      Hi William,

Your badge is the 1st pattern eagle unmarked "AS in Triangle", variation 3.2.2 in the classification table.

The one from the belt posted by waffen44, although the photos are blurry, looks like the unmarked 2nd pattern eagle "AS in Triangle", variation 3.2.4.

As discussed in the long thread on Pavel's findings in Gablonz, the "AS in triangle" badges are attributed to Adolf Scholze. This is on the basis of Pavel's findings in Gablonz ground dug "AS in triangle" badges together with Gablonz-made W&L BWBs and Schwerin's 2nd pattern U-Boat clasp, which correlated with Adolf Scholze's wartime accounting books listing Schwerin and W&L as major customers.

Your suggestion of RK is understandable since RK and "AS in triangle" used the same obverse design but different tooling.

Best regards,
                      ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                        Hi William,

Your badge is the 1st pattern eagle unmarked "AS in Triangle", variation 3.2.2 in the classification table.

The one from the belt posted by waffen44, although the photos are blurry, looks like the unmarked 2nd pattern eagle "AS in Triangle", variation 3.2.4.

As discussed in the long thread on Pavel's findings in Gablonz, the "AS in triangle" badges are attributed to Adolf Scholze. This is on the basis of Pavel's findings in Gablonz ground dug "AS in triangle" badges together with Gablonz-made W&L BWBs and Schwerin's 2nd pattern U-Boat clasp, which correlated with Adolf Scholze's wartime accounting books listing Schwerin and W&L as major customers.

Your suggestion of RK is understandable since RK and "AS in triangle" used the same obverse design but different tooling.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        Norm,

That was a perfect answer, thank you for taking the time to explain that. Much appreciated!

William Kramer
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

William,
                          I agree with Norm. Your Minesweeper is "AS in Triangle" (possible Scholze) unmarked zincer, 1st pattern eagle variant, while on the belt there is zinc unmarked 2nd pattern eagle variant.
                          Full range of "AS in Triangle" Minesweepers you can find in this thread:
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=triangle
                          Cheers,
                          Hubert

Comment

Where is the sawfish badge?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                              Where is the sawfish badge?
                              Probably a good thing there wasn't one on there Ludwig,it would have doubled the value of the belt.

Cheers,Martin.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X