No announcement yet.

Some KM badges for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And finally the last two KM pieces. of this small collection.
    The first one is what i believe to be a nice tombac Destroyer marked G.W.L.
    Attached Files

Comment

and the second is a Coastal Artillery marked HA, but this one looks quite strange to my eyes... so dark and soft Is that a good piece?
      Many thanks,
      Stefano
      Attached Files

Comment

I like the GWL Destroyer badge I don't think there is a problem with that one. Quite a rare maker to find and excellent quality.
        The Coastal Artillery stands a chance, the soft appearance of the badge is making me hesitate slightly but otherwise it looks ok. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge on these will be along to offer their opinions shortly.

Comment

Just pulling up this thread again to point out that the "HA" Coastal Artillery badge shown is a Staegemeir reproduction. Important to have this on record.

Here's another example (previously posted by Frank Heukemes) which has the identical "corrosion" pattern on the obverse wreath between the gun and the ealge, the identical sloppy catch crimp details, and the same cut-out of the tip of the gun barrel. This is likely an earlier line of Staegemeirs several fake HA Coastal Artillery badges.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Attached Files

Comment

Not bad attempt but except of what Norm has said the finish is quite different.
            Aurich CABs had silver finish on the obverse gun and golden finish on the reverse with silver undercoat.
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X