Some KM badges for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some KM badges for review

Hello everyone, a friend offered me a small collection of KM badges that i would like to show here to get some feedback before thinking to get em.

The first two badges are zincker U-Boats with no much finish left... but i guess originals. One is unmarked and the second one is marked GWL.
    Attached Files

Second badge marked GWL.
    Attached Files

Comment

Two more pics with open pins.
      Many thanks for comment,
      best,
      Stefano
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stefano,

Your first posted badge, the unmarked one, is yet another unmarked zinc variety I can't place. I saw another one of these not long ago listed on philipp-militaria.com and wonder about it at that time.

Funny, it looks sort of halfway between the two Mayer designs (the Buntmetall and the very different zinc).

Here's that other example.

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

Catch plate is different and the catch on your seems to open the other way...
          Attached Files

Comment

And here's another example, missing its catch.
            Attached Files

Comment

GWL badge is fine. Period example.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                Hi Stefano,

Your first posted badge, the unmarked one, is yet another unmarked zinc variety I can't place. I saw another one of these not long ago listed on philipp-militaria.com and wonder about it at that time.

Funny, it looks sort of halfway between the two Mayer designs (the Buntmetall and the very different zinc).

Here's that other example.

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Hi Norm, thanks a lot for your feedback and additional pics, it really looks like the same badge.
                You are right, the catch on the first badge is opened to the opposite side (left) but at the same time everything on the hardware is in same condition, also some little corrosion... possibly another hardware set-up variant?

Any idea or indication of the value of such badges?

Many thanks,
                Stefano

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                  GWL badge is fine. Period example.

John
                  Thanks a lot John, it's not in good condition but i kind of like this well worn badge.
                  Best,
                  Stefano

Comment

Hello guys, after the Uboats, i have a couple of more KM badges for your review.
                    This time will be two Minesweepers and the first one is unmarked and slightly vaulted. Type one with 7 waves?
                    Attached Files

Comment

The second badge with a different hardware set-up.
                      The wreath and eagle colour looks like more light green than goldish.
                      Possibly a Deumer?

Many thanks for any comments,
                      Best,
                      Stefano
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stefano,

Yes, both Deumers. Like you say the type 1, "Schwerin-type", wave pattern.

The first is a nice unmarked tombak. This came in two different setups, the vertical needle-pin like shown or the horizontal wide pin like your second badge. Your second one is of course zinc, and many but not all of these have this type of gilding that faded to olive green. It's the original finish though.

I should mention that these are all attributed to Deumer because there exist L/11 marked versions of the tombak with both setups. However, given that GWL used the same horizontal pin setup on their tombak Destroyer, and that there exists an almost identical but unmarked Destroyer with a "Deumer-like" vertical pin setup, one can't rule out the possibility that some of the unmarked Minesweepers are by GWL using almost identical sister dies, or that there may have been a working relationship between Deumer and GWL (both in Lüdenscheid).

Best regards,
                        ---Norm

Comment

Hi Norm, thanks so much, your help is really much appreciated
                          I will have few more KM badges to post here, hopefully by tonight...
                          All the best,
                          Stefano

Comment

Both nice Minesweepers Stefano. You don't seem to find the vertical pin setup very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                              Both nice Minesweepers Stefano. You don't seem to find the vertical pin setup very often.
                              Thanks a lot Adrian, that's good to know
                              Stefano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X