No announcement yet.

U-Boot clasp in Silver, opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another issue with this silver clasp is that it was never that much collected over the last 10 years IMO. It was just too expensive. So while many collectors are familiar with the various KM war badges and maybe the bronze U-boat frontspange, they never did pay a lot of attention to the first pattern U-boat frontspange or the silver versions, first or second pattern.

The fake Schwerin U-boat is decent I think, however, I wish we had taken a photo of that fake Schwerin we saw at SOS a few years back Rob on a dealer's table. I am not sure if it was the same one as the fake you are talking about is the reason, but it was fairly decent and took a magnifying glass to check properly--not sure if you remember that one.

Bottom line for collectors, the U-boat frontspange in all versions and the Schwerin U-boat badge need to be compared carefully to original examples before a purchase decision is made or a full refund policy in effect from the seller just in case.

Rob is right, the fakes can still be spotted without a lot of problem, just approach the badge as if it is a fake until proven it is not a fake vice the other way around.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
    X