No announcement yet.

Blockade Breaker Cased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with this case at all. Further, it is correct for the AGMuK4 Blockade Breaker set.

Given these badges are always zinc and the case insert is sphrufilz, it imo has to be from the mid-late war period.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
      Nothing wrong with this case at all. Further, it is correct for the AGMuK4 Blockade Breaker set.

Given these badges are always zinc and the case insert is sphrufilz, it imo has to be from the mid-late war period.

Regards
      Mike
      Mike

Are there any set variations which determines time period with these cases?

I have seen about 3 total different variations.

Best
      Dion
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hi Dion,

Apart from what I stated above, not that I'm aware of. I'm not sure if you are only referring to AGMuK4 cased sets though.

Sphrufilz in good condition can have a velvety feel, but it's only applied very thinly, nothing like the thick "velvet" of earlier cases.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

neither the russian nor did you like it....

martin

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
            neither the russian nor did you like it....

martin
            I like it , why?

Dion
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hi Dion,

Apart from what I stated above, not that I'm aware of. I'm not sure if you are only referring to AGMuK4 cased sets though.

Sphrufilz in good condition can have a velvety feel, but it's only applied very thinly, nothing like the thick "velvet" of earlier cases.

Regards
              Mike
              Mike

3 on the AGMUK variations.

On the rest of the BB cased I have seen many. There was a discussion that those with a divider between the main medal and the mini were fakes. I did not believe in that at the time and have seen many sets with that attribute that I thought were ok.

Would be nice to have a thread in cases on BB cases.

Dion
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
                ...There was a discussion that those with a divider between the main medal and the mini were fakes....
                I had not heard that. My immediate reaction to reading it (not aimed at you) is "bollocks". They may have been faked like everything else, but the one I own is 100% correct in it's construction and materials.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Comment

I had not heard that. My immediate reaction to reading it (not aimed at you) is "bollocks". They may have been faked like everything else, but the one I own is 100% correct in it's construction and materials.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Hi Mike

Oh yes, Im in complete agreement. I forgot what the exact specifics were on that was but I remember it as close to that tune. I think it was a myth that got out of hand.

Would be nice to see a thread with all the variations of BB cases, I think the cases are, and if not more ,interesting then the medals themselves.

Dion
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X