WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bacqueville" Kriegsmarine Badges are...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just put my on E-stand, because I think it is original, but if anyone might think it's a fake , let me know:

Carles
    Attached Files

Comment

details, catch and hinge
      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle and submarine
        Attached Files

Comment

compared to this one it looks very much the same:

Carles
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            Michel is right, MOURGEON is definitely the maker and it is a mistake to call these french made badges "Bacqueville" as this comapny never produced them or sold them.

Pierre
            I have a question, and it may seem a little basic for this thread but.....

whichever company produced it, why did they only make Kriegsmarine qualification badges and not awards from other branches, or am I missing something?

William Kramer
            Last edited by all1knew; 09-27-2011, 12:24 AM.
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Hi William,
              That's true, this specific French design exists in KM awards world exclusively.
              Cheers,
              Hubert

Comment

---------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                  I have a question, and it may seem a little basic for this thread but.....

whichever company produced it, why did they only make Kriegsmarine qualification badges and not awards from other branches, or am I missing something?

William Kramer

Hi William,

It's indeed a good question, and another is why was no "Bacqueville" Minesweeper Badge made when it's the one that would have been most commonly needed for award and traditionally is of the least interest to collectors?

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                    Hi William,

It's indeed a good question, and another is why was no "Bacqueville" Minesweeper Badge made when it's the one that would have been most commonly needed for award and traditionally is of the least interest to collectors?

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    There are many good questions Guys with no good answers as far as these badges are concerned, too many IMO and that is why I do not belive in them Hopefully someday a bullet proof evidence pops up which solves this case one way or another.
                    Cheers,
                    Hubert

Comment

Can someone have a look at this one and tell me if this is a so-called Baqueville badge? It appears to be so, but I want to be sure.

http://www.cgmauctions.com/detail.asp?id=1264

Comment

Craig,
                        It looks like it but to be sure a reverse would be nice as they tended to have a very unique hardware set up on the reverse.

Can I have your autograph? I've never been this close to a star before. Just kidding. Nice job on the "tube".

JAndrew

Comment

Yes, follow this link:

http://www.cgmauctions.com/detail.as...-Cruiser-Badge

The badge was a consignment, and I think it's a textbook example of this type of badge. You will also notice that I did give "full-disclosure" about the controversy on these, even though I do believe them myself.

Also, I know the answer is here somewhere above, but how did we come to believe these badges were produced in Baqueville?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
                            ...even though I do believe them myself.

Of course you do. I don´t think there is one dealer out there, who does not believe...

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmark View Post
                              ...I don´t think there is one dealer out there, who does not believe...

The "Bacqueville" connection seems to be more or less urban myth which just stuck on the name. People just immediately know what badges you are referring to when you say "Bacqueville", although it is rather misleading. The military orders manufacturer Bacqueville in Paris has denied any involvement in these badges.

Likewise the "Mourgeon" connection is unverified. Probably better to call them unofficial French-made production and let others debate as to whether they were a failed undistributed wartime experiment vs. a post-war hoax.

Best regards,
                              ---Norm

Comment

A littel bit of study of German documents and the rules and regulations of the Präsidialkanzlei (not to mention the view the "ruling party" would have on that issue ...) would convince any serious collector and student of history what a nice "invention" these badges are.

But where there is a market, there is an offering! What's next? Imported Knights Crosses from England? Close Combat Clasps made in Kiew?

Dietrich
                                B&D PUBLISHING
                                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X