U-Boat Opinions?? Value??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat Opinions?? Value??

Stumbled across this one and need an opinion. I dont have one and found this but just lack the knowledge to know if its worth my time?? Thank you in advance for any help given!!
    Attached Files

boat

Attached Files

Comment

boat

Attached Files

Comment

boat

I guess its no good?????????????

Comment

This is a well known and well documented fake.Frank & Reif did not make U-Boat badges.
          Do a forum search "Frank & Reif",you will find a few threads discussing this badge.

Regards,Martin.
          Last edited by Martin Westley; 11-17-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

boat

Thank you and this item will be avoided!! Thank you to all that replied.

Comment

You do not want this badge.

Comment

I have a question, just out of curiosity... here it goes..
                when a faker makes a badge like this, why on earth wouldn't he or she give it a well known juncker mark, but rather use a maker that never even made u-boat badges

Is it known/heard of if fakers on purpose gave their badges a 'hint' just to let the experts or the skilled collectors know 'THIS IS A FAKE'

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
                  I have a question, just out of curiosity... here it goes..
                  when a faker makes a badge like this, why on earth wouldn't he or she give it a well known juncker mark, but rather use a maker that never even made u-boat badges

Is it known/heard of if fakers on purpose gave their badges a 'hint' just to let the experts or the skilled collectors know 'THIS IS A FAKE'
                  when this badge was made. my good sir. there was know forums.are internet.collectors.were on there own ??? THE FAKER HAD NO PROBLEM PEDLING THERE CRAP

Comment

Hi Steinar,

These fakes came out in the 80s, pre-internet, when not that many collectors were clued in to who the genuine makers were - ie there were a lot of wallets buying things that looked nice without knowing what was authentic. Now you can search on the net and 5 minutes later find out who made genuine items and what they should look like. Further, by putting on a marking from a know TR maker (but NOW known NOT to have made U-boat badges) the faker was adding "authenticity" to a decent looking fake badge. Everyone loves a maker mark right and if it has a maker mark it has to be genuine, right!

Regards
                    Mike
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Plus there is also the chance someone is willing to take a gamble and end up with a badge by an extremly "rare maker". That is they hope they have stumbled across a never seen marked F&R sub badge, but in reality they never existed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X