No announcement yet.

Minesweeper RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys, sorry about the delay. Had to find where I had put it and I still can not find the post-war one but no big deal there.

Anyway, I will now get Nigel (ebony) to post some images of my 100% war-time example. This one came directly from a NZ soldier who got it some where near Trieste in 1945. Most of what I got was fascist Croat insignia of various kinds from this returned soldier so I assume that the person who had this Minesweeper was part of the Croat naval legion.

Another point of interest on this badge is the catch which is not your typical "RS" type at all. This type of catch is mostly found on Juncker or S&L type badges. I have to be honest and say that this is the first time I have ever found one on an "RS" badge. Again this shows just how hard this maker can be sometimes as to what they did use in their true war-time production runs verses what was used post-war.

Look forward to any comments anyone wishes to make but you can now see how the badge which started this thread is certainly a duller war-time type of finish which I have never seen on post war examples,

Chris
    Last edited by 90th Light; 10-18-2008, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

3. sorry missed photo, try again.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X