Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costal Artillery marked ”21” – Godet?

Hello guys!

I hope you can help me to ID this Costal Artillery badge. It is maker marked “21”, is the maker Godet? The badge has very nice details. Is it a rare maker for this badge?

Thank you in advance
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

To me - and this is only my opinion - whether it's real or not, this badge looks horrid.

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

One for the fakes gallery imo.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

I'm not 100% sure that it's a fake, but I would not use my money on this one.

regards,
          Andre

Comment

Details are god awful

Comment

The owner of this badge has put it on a Norwegian auction site as an original:
              http://my.qxl.no/accdb/viewItem.asp?...leCondition=-1

Comment

Guess he doesn't know he can be expelled from here for doing that...
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Godet was a premier maker of badges and awards. Here is a minesweeper that just popped up. I wonder if someone is doing the whole series. Notice the bubbles on the obverse. Both badges have them. This one is maked 21 in a box.
                  Attached Files

Comment

No reverse shot?
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Compare the numerals in the mm with the one in this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...8&highlight=21
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by rfleming32 View Post
                        Godet was a premier maker of badges and awards. Here is a minesweeper that just popped up. I wonder if someone is doing the whole series. Notice the bubbles on the obverse. Both badges have them. This one is maked 21 in a box.
                        With all due respect....Nobody is "doing the whole series"...as you can see there are many obvious differences between the two badges, different materials, different maker marks...the 21 Coastal is a fake that has been around since the 60s, while the Minesweeper is a badge that has not seen the light of day for years being picked up by me on Saturday along with a number of other fantastic pieces.

Kindest Regards,

John

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
                          The owner of this badge has put it on a Norwegian auction site as an original:
                          http://my.qxl.no/accdb/viewItem.asp?...leCondition=-1

Thank you Andre, way to go!!!!!! To quote you:

"I'm not 100% sure that it's a fake"

I`m not 100% sure that it's a fake either, and was told by a well known dealer here in Norway (you know very well who it is) that it is original and he had the same. I have had this 21 for almost ten years but always wanted a “Schwerin”, and bought one two weeks ago from collectortocollector, what we call an upgrade so no cruel intentions with the sale...

I would appreciate if you don’t start with saying "I'm not 100% sure that it's a fake", then telling the world "The owner of this badge has put it on a Norwegian auction site as an original" - as if this was the biggest sin in the world, contributing to topics like “Guess he doesn't know he can be expelled from here for doing that...” Thank you!

First a hint in one direction, then the wind turns. I hope other forum members understand my concern regarding this

I have always appreciated those who are consequent in this hobby...
                          Last edited by militaria.no; 07-17-2007, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                            ...the 21 Coastal is a fake that has been around since the 60s

Kindest Regards,

John

Thank you John, that’s what I needed to hear And this particular medal won’t be around after 17th of July 2007

Comment

I've searched the forum for a good badge marked 21 and cannot find a single one. John, if you look at the individual numerals on both badges in this thread you will see they are the same. The positioning and alignment are different, that's all. Are they good or bad, I don't know. That is why I believe they need to be discussed.
                              pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X