Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper Juncker?

Hello guys!
    I have had this one for a while, but have always wondered what maker this could be.
    I think it might be a juncker because it has similar traits to the Juncker Auxiliary cruiser badges i have seen.
    What do you think?
    This badge has a funny story aswell:
    A friend of mine had a grandfather who died a couple of years ago, he had been to crete several times during his life.
    When he died me and my friend was looking through his militaria (as he had been a captain in the norwegian army), we then found a KM dagger with hangers attached.
    My friend asked his grandmother if he could have it to remember his grandpa by, and he got it with a story that his grandpa had bought it in Crete.
    On our way home i however noticed that there was hanging something on the dagger hangers, it was this badge totaly black with tarnish.
    I asked If I could buy the bagde, and my friend said i could have it for a symbolic price since he knew I would take good care of it.
    I got it cleaned up with some warm soapy water, and it has hanged in my cabinets ever since.
    Happy to hear any opinions on the maker of this badge.

mads
    Attached Files

back:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mads,

Very nice and original early tombak badge. I tend to agree with you that it shows great similarity with a Juncker badge already from the obverse.

Hinge pin and catch also are very similar to to setup found on e.g the unmarked Juncker Auxiliary Cruiser Badges. The only thing I think I have never seen on a Juncker is the silver finish on the reverse but that doesn't bother me.

Like it a lot

KR
      Philippe

Comment

MOST INTERESTING BADGE

One thing that I have noticed about the two known C. E. Junker naval badges is the design of the eagle's head. Here is an example from a marked Junker Auxiliary Cruiser badge. The eagle looks a bit different to me.
        Attached Files

Comment

hmm, you are right the eagle looks different to me too.
          Isn`t it possible that the eagles are supposed to be different from the aux.cruiser to the Minesweeper?
          I mean all minesweepers I have seen has an eagle with a small body compared to the wings.

Mads

Comment

COASTAL ARTILIARY BADGE BY JUNKER

Here is the eagle's head from another naval badge by C. E. junker. It is from a Coastal Artiliary Badge.
            Attached Files

Comment

hmm, yes I am aware of that one too.
              I have a picture i picked down from detlev once.
              That one is very simmilar too except that it is vaulted, I hope Detlev doesn`t mind me posting it here for comparison.

Mads
              Attached Files

Comment

I have also picked down an Rk from his site at one time or another, this is somewhat simmilar also.

Mads
                Attached Files

Comment

UNMARKED MINESWEEPER

Here is a Minesweeper that is unmarked and with a side pin. It is produced in fine zink.
                  Attached Files

Comment

SCHWERIN MINESWEEPER

Here is a fine Schwerin Mine Sweeper.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think your badge is the same as the one I show here, which is a WONDERFUL tombak badge...BUT...
                      ..I don't think it is a Juncker. The hinge, pin and catches are not the same as on the
                      Juncker Kriegsmarine badges.

Still a super nice badge, though, IMO!!
                      Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Thank you for the interesting pictures guys!
                        You may be right Lorenzo, the only noteable difference i can see between yours and mine is the pin through the hinge on yours has a head, mine doesn`t.
                        And one more thing guys: I have seen people use the word IMO here on this forum many a times, what does it mean.
                        Might be a stupid question, but i seriously don`t know.
                        Thanks for your time and help.

Mads

Comment

Originally posted by mads
                          Thank you for the interesting pictures guys!
                          You may be right Lorenzo, the only noteable difference i can see between yours and mine is the pin through the hinge on yours has a head, mine doesn`t.
                          And one more thing guys: I have seen people use the word IMO here on this forum many a times, what does it mean.
                          Might be a stupid question, but i seriously don`t know.
                          Thanks for your time and help.

Mads
                          IMO = In My Opinion.

Comment

should have thought of that, but sometimes the brain just won`t work when it comes to the simplest of things .
                            Thank you

Mads

Comment

I always use "IMO" because OPINIONS are what this hobby is all about. None of us KNOW for sure...

...we just share our collector "opinions".
                              Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X