No announcement yet.

Aux. Cruiser Badge Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi John ,when looking at the badge on its side i dont see any line.

Comment

Does the globe look like its a separate piece from the rest of the badge? I swear I can see a crack along the bottom of the globe indicative of two piece ACB's. Although this one doesnt have a rivet.
      Attached Files

Comment

Personally I'm not sure I have anything against this badge. Compare the one that started this thread off to an original Souval (Gordon Williamson Collection) on the left. Details on the Souval look worse than this one ..... just has more finish worn down to the zinc.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Darrell,its a one piece badge.Jay

Comment

I believe this piece is die-forged not die-cast. Jay can you please look at the edge and the top the the eagle and see if there are any shear marks from the forging process?
            jeff
            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi Guys very intersting thread the last couple of pics (my response crossed with Jeff's reverse pics) have made this award look better from the first ones posted, however i myself still remain undecided, like John has said most fakes (not all) have a cast line along the rim the one I was shown did have at various points but not all the way round, and varied somewhat in detectibilty. The colour for me is a sticking point, but that does not mean i am right.

Hi Darrell when i first saw this award i thought very close to a Souval also. My first opinion like yours was also the globe looked liked a separate piece, which it is not, this added to my concerns.

Hi Jay a last question then i will keep out and let others imput. Does the Pin bend? Is the hinge filled in or can you see daylight? All the best.

Comment

This badge is from an unknown maker who made a variety of KM badges, such as the destroyer, Minesweeper and CAB. We looked at these badges suspiciously a few years ago, but since then, many things rather spoke FOR these badges than against them. They all share one characteristic: the reverse outlines seem pretty rough and rather vague in shape.
                I do not think this badge is a fake.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X