No announcement yet.

High Seas/Aux. Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just told him I was going overseas in a couple days with the military and wasn't going to be able to deal with this stuff very well, which is all true. We'll see how that one goes. As soon as I'm done with this guy, I'm outta the fake business! That'll feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by theinglebaby23
      I just told him I was going overseas in a couple days with the military and wasn't going to be able to deal with this stuff very well, which is all true. We'll see how that one goes. As soon as I'm done with this guy, I'm outta the fake business! That'll feel good.
      Hi Rich,
      I would contact the postal authorities on him. Simply, put he is passing off bad material plus letters of authenticity which mean nothing. Is he outside the country?

BTW, I just noticed your age, I graduated from high school in May of 1982.

Regards,
      Jody

Comment

The guy is up in Canada, so, not much I can do there. Worst case, just slowly pick up what does come ligit on his site and resell and get some of my $$$ back. But that's worse case.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
          .... Remember a good collection takes time, effort and a lot of hours spent reading, asking questions, traveling, viewing, studying, and handling original pieces. Hell, I just completed my KM badge collection and it took 31 years. I know most don't have that type of patience, but at least for me it paid off. It is hard today with the internet in which new collectors want to build entire collections in a year. Remember with this hobby-slow and steady wins the race.

Regards,
          Jody
          I agree somewhat, but in waiting several years the price of these will at least triple or quadruple in price

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell
            I agree somewhat, but in waiting several years the price of these will at least triple or quadruple in price
            Hello,
            It really depends of where you get it. I still get a lot of stuff still from veterans and their families and I am not even paying close to what this stuff is selling for.

The only KM badges I ever bought from dealers were the two of them-bronze U-boat clasp and 2nd pattern E-boat.

There are still good finds out there. I am working on one now.

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

Rich,,dont go crazy on the flea markets when you get here, they can be just as TRICKY!
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Dion, I think I've been convinced not to buy from flea markets over the last couple weeks.

Report: the dude gave me a partial refund. I had to buy the KM high seas, but he refunded the rest. Little pricey on the badge, but if I resell it I doubt I'd be out too much (losing 100 is a hell of a lot better than losing 375!). So, it all worked out about fairly good.

Anyone want a high seas minus the pin???

Comment

Rich,,I really wouldnt have gone for that.
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Kinda out of options dude, it's that or lose my money. If I get all pissed off and start demanding cash back, the guy will tuck tail and run...

Comment

Kinda out of options dude, it's that or lose my money. If I get all pissed off and start demanding cash back, the guy will tuck tail and run...
                      Reminds me of a dealer that always said ... 100% Guaranteed for Life. However, when confronted with evidence that the pieces he peddled were, in fact, fake ... got all defensive and pissy about it.

You see them come and go all the time.

Again. Always best to Post before you Buy

Comment

Dion, I think I've been convinced not to buy from flea markets over the last couple weeks.

Report: the dude gave me a partial refund. I had to buy the KM high seas, but he refunded the rest. Little pricey on the badge, but if I resell it I doubt I'd be out too much (losing 100 is a hell of a lot better than losing 375!). So, it all worked out about fairly good.

Anyone want a high seas minus the pin???
                        Hi Rich,
                        You should read this thread about a similar badge in a similar situation.
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=153173

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Thanks Jody, interesting. I wonder if this guy would give me a certificate of authenticity that this badge came off the Scharnhorst too!

Comment

-

Just checked that site (or is it ****?).
                            I really love this badge... not.
                            Copyright: the fraude.
                            Last edited by Ludwig; 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X