No announcement yet.

MHJ Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do with traditions-flags is all described in the regulations.
    Normally one was not allowed to carry them around (maybe with special orders).

Comment

Thanks for the memories!

John,

Thank you for pulling up that old photo. That's me behind the marine flag with the anchor holding it up so it was approximately 6 ft in length. Rather bittersweet memory as I had the chance to purchase it for around $500 or less from the individual who acquired it directly from the vet's family. Another one of those "big one got away" memories.

Comment

Originally posted by William J View Post
        John,

Thank you for pulling up that old photo. That's me behind the marine flag with the anchor holding it up so it was approximately 6 ft in length. Rather bittersweet memory as I had the chance to purchase it for around $500 or less from the individual who acquired it directly from the vet's family. Another one of those "big one got away" memories.
        We have all been there!!!!

John

Comment

Hello Wim, it was just an assumption, that there were regulations as how such a corner flag has to be made or to look like - as for Gefolgschaft-flags of other branches. And if somebody would know YOU would be my first choice.
          Best, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by planet View Post
            Hello Wim, it was just an assumption, that there were regulations as how such a corner flag has to be made or to look like - as for Gefolgschaft-flags of other branches. And if somebody would know YOU would be my first choice. Best, Thomas
            Thanks, but it is not explained in there! Right now I would not know where to find it, or I must have overlooked it the last years.

Comment

This just sold on Estand yesterday. Beautiful example, I guess it went for $3000 or so but fairly valued IMO. Sold by dealer Brent Smith.

This is the only full flag example that I think we have seen, either here on WAF or on the HJ-Research forum.

Congratulations to whoever bought it.

John
              Attached Files

Comment

To explain the markings:

MHJ-Gefolgschaft 8 within Bann 75 (Bremen) in Gebiet 7 Nordsee

Comment

Here are 2 MHJ flag panels . The 311 is in my collection .
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Joe B; 02-27-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Very rare. Thanks for posting those panels. John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X