Anti- partisan badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti- partisan badge

Hello- I saw this badge at this gun shop today. Not my cup of tea, but I have seen that many are interested in these badges. Any opinions? Weight is 36.8g, dimensions 47.64mm wide and 57.92mm tall. The catch is broken. There was no price on the piece.
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
        I have studied these badges for a long time. The front of the badge looks good to me. However, I don't like the hinge. In my opinion it's a Junker production. There will be many opinions for this kind of badge. Its realy hard to judge the flat back of the badge. What metal is it made of?

Comment

Postwar Souval APBs were also solid backed and had exactly this type of hinge/pin. The instant give away with the Souval pieces was the distinctive postwar style retaining catch and its just a bit suspicious that the retaining catch is missing on this one.

Here is the reverse of a Souval badge. These came both with and without piercing.
          Last edited by Gordon Williamson; 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys-

So your gut feelings are that this is a fake, but more difficult to tell because of the broken catch? I cannot tell what metal this is made of, but the weight and dimensions are noted above. Do the weights and measurements help? Are there clues on the front of the badge as well? Thanks for the information!

Comment

Its a fake. Looks like a poor casting to me, with lack of details. Hinge is wrong as well.

No, its not a Juncker. This one is original, and a Juncker:

Sorry my friend.
              Peter Wiking
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 04-25-2004, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks again guys-

The badge is not mine. It is at a gunshop and I photographed and weighed it for review. Thanks for the evaluations! I think if someone runs across interesting medals at shows or shops, we can learn from the images, both real and fake. Thanks

Comment

Back of a Juncker:
                  Attached Files

Comment

I used to own the APB Juncker abowe. It now has a new owner that i will keep as a secret on request from the owner.

Cheers.
                    Peter Wiking

Comment

this one is a fake too

be carefull

Comment

closer pics

be carefull

Comment

be carefull

Comment

this next one is a original 2nd type in bronze

detlev gives it the thumbs up , the above pics are a very high quality fake but the light makes this badge look silver when infact it is more zink grey

next badge

Comment

bronze original type 2 juncker

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X