heer flak badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear all,

Sorry, I was away from the forum for a week because I was looking at potential new homes 400 km away from Munich.

My comments to this thread, some are founded by evidence, some just my gut feeling:

1) I like Craig´s badge (gut feeling)

2) Warren O´s badge and Philippe DB´s badge have pins similar to Foerster & Barth L21 marked pins on other badges. It might be a valid assumption to say these "could be" made by F&B. (Yuri, you can always use my scans for the good cause, no problems)

3) The badges shown by Dave J (the same as that obverse shown from Mike Pinkus´s badge) are fakes IMO. I can prove this because I have watched a fake dealer´s site for over a year closely and this badge turns up over and over again there, he sells about one of these each month. Please find proof in the pictures following. All the same fake, check out the "flat spot" dent Dave J has mentioned and the very characteristic "skull" eagle´s head on all of these. Also note that while the shapes remain the same, the fakers try some variations on the finish.

Cheers, Frank
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

same type fake, different finish
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

another one, same type fake
        Attached Files
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

and another one, same type fake
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Finally, the reverse of my GAB marked L/21 on the pin. Note the similarities to the Warren O and Philippe DB pins.

Cheers, Frank
            Attached Files
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

Is the pin on the GAB you show magnetic? From the pic my gues would be that it isn't.

Thanks
              Philippe

Comment

Semi hollow back

Intresting post - I attach some pics of my flak badge which is similar to Warren's except for the circular plate on the pin catch. The pin is magnetic. I can trace this one back to 1984 when I bought the badge from Graf Klenau auctions in Germany.
                Attached Files
                Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Pic 2

Pic 2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3

Pic 3
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4

Pic 4
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 5

Pic 5
                        Attached Files

Comment

Could you please tell me what cameras can make such good pictures?

Comment

Nice one porege.

This for sure is one of the most clarifying threads on the subject of this type of unmarked Heer Flakbadge.

Since the pics posted by Yuri we have seen a lot of very similar badges and I for one would put my money on the fact that they all came from the same maker. I think that the similarity in design of the eagles head somehow links them together.

The fact that the pin, hinge and catch setup on the one show by Porege is again a little different (round cath and magnetic pin) proofs that there probably wasn't a standard layout. They realy used everything they could lay their hands on.

The only thing I would like to see now is another Flat Back

KR
                            Philippe

@bnz. I think Porege used a scanner and not a camera. I recently bought an Epson 1660 and I'm very happy with the results it renders.

Comment

Dear Philippe,

Pin/catch on my GAB marked L/21 on the pin are non-magnetic (nickel silver).

Cheers, Frank
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank

Just after you posted your reply, Porege posted one with a magnetic pin so now I'm confident that both types are acceptable.

KR
                                Philippe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X