• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

For those interested Weitze at the moment has two up for sale

https://www.weitze.net/

1. item 56742 Grade 5, 14 twists inside and outside
    2. item 56411 Grade 9, with no gold left on the emblem, 15 twists inside and outside

@Robert, didn't collectors guild recently had one up for sale too. Just had a look but can't find it.

KR
    Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
      @Robert, didn't collectors guild recently had one up for sale too. Just had a look but can't find it.
      Dear Philippe,
      i found it. 15 twists...
      Last edited by robert60446; 04-07-2007, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Txs Robert

Well to be honest I'm feeling a little like in the dark ages of PAB collecting when one PAB just looked like the next one. The poor quality of the pics we have to work with doesn't really help us much.

To get somewhere we just need more lanyards in this thread, preferably with high quality scans or pics.

KR
        Philippe

Comment

Hi,

I would have to agree with Philippe that we really don't know much about these lanyards. I hardly know anyone who has any excpet for a uniform. From my friends full set of lanyards there are some variations from lanyard to lanyard especially in the area where the shield is affixed. Some are thinner and flatter than others. I would recommend that you look on some web sites and see there cords. I believe Gailen and Craig had some lanyards for sale a few weeks ago. I am sure that some of the big German dealer sites also have some on their sites. At least you would have a point of comparison since only a few have been posted here.

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Guys,
            for the record here are dimensions for badge from my Lanyard: 58.55mm x 44.40mm. Maybe someone can verify them with identical Lanyards in his possession...

Comment

Robert,

I have a badge at home I will try to remember to measure.

Gary
              ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B
                Robert,

I have a badge at home I will try to remember to measure.

Gary
                I will be waiting for it Gary.

Also, Tim and Jeff, could you please post dimensions from your tank badges?

Comment

One more thing. Maybe we can learn something from pictures...If you guys got it, could you please post pictures of those Lanyards in the wear here?
                  Last edited by robert60446; 04-07-2007, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Panzer Lanyard Badge Measurements

These Panzer Marksmanship badges are difficult to measure exactly but here is my best effort:

Grade 1 - 5.5 X 3.9 cm
                    Grade 3 - 5.5 X 4.0 cm
                    Grade 5 - 5.8 X 4.5 cm
                    Grade 10 - 5.7 X 4.5 cm

Comment

Hi Guys,
                      Tim thanks for taking these dimensions. By the way, quick question, from my understanding you have many Heer Lanyards in your possession. Do they have the same cord construction as Panzer Lanyards?
                      Now here are my quick thoughts about this subject so far: I think it is safe to say that more then one manufacturer was involved in production of cords and badges. Badges probably will very in design, just like PAB’s, IAB’s or GAB’s. We may have the same type of evolution in material as for the combat badges: BM (early) to Zinc (late). Also cords design probably will very in some small details as well. Now the question is how we can draw the border line between good and bad? Unquestionably, my type of cord is postwar production, but somehow I think that Philippe’s 9th grade cord could be ok. It is just another variation. It would be nice too if someone could check in the “Uniformen Markt” for any articles about the Panzer Lanyards. I think this could be our best reference source at least for now…
                      Also Tim, could you please post scans from the book “Uniforms, Organization and History of the PANZERTRUPPE” by Bender and Odegard? Unfortunately I don’t have this book in my library and you said before that pages 190-192 gives some photos and drawings of the Panzer Marksmanship Lanyards. This could be very helpful.

Comment

Robert,

I don't know if these badges were ever produced in bunt metal. I have some which are not attached to lanyards. One, a Grade 1 Standard Badge (not Panzer) appears to be die stamped from aluminum.

All lanyards, whether Panzer or Standard, are made the same. The only differences will be the badges.

I will see if I can scan the asked for pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Curley
                          Robert,

I don't know if these badges were ever produced in bunt metal. I have some which are not attached to lanyards. One, a Grade 1 Standard Badge (not Panzer) appears to be die stamped from aluminum.

All lanyards, whether Panzer or Standard, are made the same. The only differences will be the badges.

I will see if I can scan the asked for pages.
                          Hi Tim,

Well we already talked a little about the subject off line and like I told you I would also like to know if buntmetall Panzer lanyard badges were ever produced. I don't recall ever seeing them on Heer lanyards and my experience with higher grade panzer lanyards just is to limited. Even on shows you barely ever see them arround.

On your statement about the lanyard cords. I put my four lanyards on a scanner next to eachother and made some high resolution scans both of the reverse and obverse. Even taken in to account that my grade 9 maybe isn't ok I can see differences in construction on the others. This also goes for the pattern on the protective cloth that covers the reverse.

I resize the scans tonight and hope that there wil be enough detail left look at the differences yourself.

KR
                          Philippe

Comment

Ok Guys,

Due to size restrictions I'm probably going to loose some detail in this compare but I hope you can still see the differences.

KR
                            Philippe
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well thats not to bad.

Here is the reverse. The top and botom ones IMO share the same protective cloth, the second one (very worn) features a clearly different pattern that however doesn't match the 3 one (grade 9 panzer that Tim feels is questionable)

KR
                              Philippe
                              Attached Files

Comment

To make this a little easier to follow here is what the above pics show

from top to bottom

1.Grade 1 Panzer
                                2.Second pattern grade 3 heer
                                3.Grade 9 panzer
                                4.First pattern grade 1 heer

Apart from the grade 9 all have 14 twists and here is another interesting difference I noticed

If you look at the threads forming the weaving pattern you will notice that every big thread consists out of 4 thiny silver threads.

This is the case for all of them with the exception of the grade 9. Here the big threads feature 5 small once.

Really don't know if this could be significant. Tim you have many more of these lanyards, could you please check this feature.

KR
                                Philippe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X