No announcement yet.

ribbon bar question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris, you're right. The Federal Merit Cross 1st class should be in first place. However, the bar looks quite good otherwise. Don't know what the absence of ANY WW2 awards could suggest, though.

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 05-03-2005, 12:00 PM.

Comment

You know what I like to think about this bar? It belonged to an anti-Nazi, conservative Resistance fighter or even a Jewish ex-WW1 officer who was decorated in post-war times for his merit in combatting Hitler.
        Oh well, I know, reality and all that...

Comment

a few more specualtions...

Originally posted by webr55
          Don't know what the absence of ANY WW2 awards could suggest, though.
          My guesses, why this guy didn't get anything in WW2:

1) the most obvious - he didn't get any decoration, b/c he didn't earn it! I have a couple of wehrpasses of men in 40's who were enlisted in wehrmacht in later years of war, but never seen any action, probably due to their age. If he didn't work in public area and didn't distinguish himself in any work for war effort, he could easily go thru 3rd Reich time without any decration.

2) another - he couldn't participate in WW2, b/c he was too old / ill / disabled due to some civil time accident (hence no wound badge), but later earned Bundes decoration for merit like professor or something.

There's always so many interesting questions about these bars, I love it!!!

Valter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X