Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse - 40 Jahre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse - 40 Jahre

Heloo, please look at this medal...It's about the elements marked on the photos that gently arouse my anxiety. The double, or rather its tip, is slightly thicker than in the original ones I know of.

Thank you for your opinions.

Medal is a nice original.

What you are asking about looks like where some of the burnishing has worn off.

If it's a 40yr. lets see the wreath.

Wayne

Comment

Sorry to state the obvious but the medal is a 25 year cross … it certainly isn't the most common Souval fake IF it is indeed bad.

If there is a 40 year device on the ribbon it may help to see that ?

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Here's a medal wreath:

In 25-year-old crosses I noticed that numbers 2 and 5 are more distant from each other, but I don't know if that's the norm.

Comment

Not a fan of these open wreath types.

Giel's Militaria had one of these for sale a few days ago.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by bytown View Post
            Not a fan of these open wreath types.
            Giel's Militaria had one of these for sale a few days ago.
            This is exactly this art and I had a few doubts about its originality.

Your skepticism towards the wreath results from what?

Comment

Originally posted by Madagaskar View Post
              This is exactly this art and I had a few doubts about its originality.

Your skepticism towards the wreath results from what?

There is nothing wrong with the cross. I have a number of these in my Long Service collection.

The open wreath has never been seen in any of the period publications.

Any verified 40yr long service in a medal bar has always the closed type of wreath.

Do a search in this forum and you will find all kinds of comments.

Wayne

Comment

Any verified 40yr long service in a medal bar has always the closed type of wreath.
                I agree with Wayne. Based on the right hand side as we look it lacks the weft thread loops and therefore the ribbon is also a modern replacement.

Ian.

Comment

Wait a minute, or as I understood it - there is no evidence that the wreath is a post-war product, but also no evidence that it is the original?
                  I've read Wayn's wreath-related threads, and they all follow as above.

And the opinion that the ribbon is a copy?

Comment

A comparison....

Attached Files
                    RonR

Comment

I also collect the 57 versions of war time awards.

This wreath turns up on the 57 25yr crosses. I have yet to see a closed wreath on a 57 version.

I have a few of these.

I would not buy a 40yr cross with such a wreath.

It's just my opinion from what I have learned from other collectors plus what I have read from members with more knowledge than I.

If you have ever held an authentic wreath you will know the difference right away.

What type of splints are on the reverse? Blunt or pointed?

Wayne

Comment

I will receive this award on Monday, then I will answer the question.

It is also strange that serious shops sell this type of wreath as originals, and I don't just mean Giel's.

Comment

Wayne
                          Splints on the reverse are pointed. What does that mean?

Comment

"Splints on the reverse are pointed. What does that mean?"

It's still a post-war product.

cheers
                            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
                              "Splints on the reverse are pointed. What does that mean?"

It's still a post-war product.

cheers
                              Peter
                              My feelings exactly.

Whether you want to keep the cross or not is up to you. It is a nice example.

Depends on how much over the cost of and ordinary 25yr cross you paid.

Wayne

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X