No announcement yet.

medal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another addition to the ever increasing list of reasons why I could entertain doubts about this one is that they have recently started appearing in extremely questionable "archaeological" digs, along with other SS items which have been deemed fake by experts in such matters. eg. two of these were "ground dug" a couple of years ago, along with an example of the bubble textured SS 4 year medal, which is notorious for being 'planted' in various battlefield areas. Both of the aforementioned are incredibly well made, both are die struck and both can be found with the same erratic mixture of 'Type I' & 'Type II' eyelets as well as both teardrop and circular jump rings.

Here is a quick summary of the other main points that I have concerns about:
    . Spindly lettering lacking in style
    . Bone shaped serifs
    . Rounded Runes (reverse)
    . Excessively dished faces
    . Excessively high relief (a result of the above)
    . Lack of any side protruding leaves to the wreath

Comment

Thank you J C for your time and help
      Regards
      John

Comment

I would like to hear what Tom and others this about the bar.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
        - THE SS TK RING
        - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
        - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Are you really saying that this is a medal made in June 1945 and therefore not original? Can i ask who made fakes 2 months after the war and this guy got it exactly then?

Comment

Regarding the medalbar itself,...it looks original, but the SS medal could be placed there at any time, even yesterday. There could be 25 loyal service medal or even police medal for 8, maybe even 18 years. So somebody might make it SS at any time. If the medal is original or not I will leave to experts

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X