• Time
  • Show
Clear All

black case for mother's cross

Hi,

I have one gold mother's cross in dark blue color ( like described and seen
    everywhere ) but I also have one that is complete black, it's the same as
    the dark blue in shape and meterials and since I know there were more than
    80 makers for mother's cross is it ok that it's black ?

Thanks,

Ran

Hi Ran,

I have not seen one yet, but it might be possible, that the black box is original.
    What makermark is stamped inside the box?

Regards
    Hansi

Comment

Hi Ran,

Possible I imagine, I wouldn't be surprised but I'd like to see the case if I may.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi Guys,

Here it is :
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=73732

I've been told to relax since there are so many makers for mother's cross
        ( more than 80 ) but want to check out again :

1) The case is total black ( and not very dark blue )
        2) The cross is wider 3.6 cm ( compare to 3.5 cm and 3.55 of two other
        mother's crosses I have )
        3) There is the issue of the dot in Hitler's signature
        4) The "r" ends without a long line compare to other crosses I own or seen.
        5) Look at the "bronze/gold" color that surround the swastika, in the middle
        parts it don't turn in a sharp angle compare to other crosses.

Not saying it's not a good cross, actualy the details on it are the best I've
        seen ( details of the inside of the blue enamel ), maybe too detailed ?

Sorry for sounding too paranoid, it comes with the hobby I guess, just wanted
        some more opinions since there is not much discussion about these crosses
        as other crosses like the iron cross or kvk.

Thanks,

Ran

P.s. : that said, it's my favorite mother's cross, it's the biggest and in best
        quality.

Comment

There is the also the issue that the swastika need to touch the surrounding
          circle ( which it does ).

But is it possible that the swastika won't touch the out circle ? I guess it is
          if there are so many makers.

Here is my bronze mother's cross and the swastika don't touch the surrounding
          circle, is it ok ?

Thanks,

Ran
          Attached Files

Comment

Arh that one, black is it...it looks blue ! Don't worry I think it looks just fine to me. It is unlike any very good copies of the Mother Cross box, which are few and far between.

To my knowledge your box is fine and genuine

Marcus

Comment

I agree to Marcus.
              The box ist just dark blue. And the crosses are fine.
              Regards
              Hansi

Comment

Thanks guys.

BTW : the case is TOTAL black ( maybe it's hard to see in the images ), when
                I first got it I thought that since I'm getting old maybe I don't see good, but I
                waited patiently till I got my other cased mother's cross to see the difference.
                That said, the black and the dark blue both look alike with same characteristics,
                if this wasn't an original then it would be a huge problem for collectors because
                it looks perfect.

Comment

Ran are you still being paranoid on that Mothers Cross?
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Case

Hi Ran I have a few cased golds and the cases range between dark navy and black.

My scanner doesnt really pick up the difference too well but it is obvious in direct light.

The case I have that is most navy is marked K. Seiboth, Gablonz whilst the most black one is Otto Zappe, I guess with time and age the black can fade a little but I would not expect it to turn Navy, the navy coloured one is consistently navy even on the inside edges where sunlight would not have affected it.

regards

MMM

Comment

Hi Ran, I have got my helmet, visor ans body armour at the ready but i must admit that i have a couple of concerns about the these awards. Firstly the i Hitler did not sign his signature this way.Secondly beyond common belief these awards are being faked and the quality of the enamelling process has improved greatly, (the pattern on yours confers with a fake i saw not long ago) . Also the u in Ludenshied does not appear accurate (to my knowledge). Just a thought the amount of Gold mother crosses on the market (awarded to mothers with 8 or more children) do you not think that they must have been standing toe to toe on german soil. Best regards.

Comment

MMM and Dion made me relaxed again till . . . mrg . . . came . . . OMG !

*Ran throws gold mother's crosses on mrg's head*

Yes, the enamel looks the best on this specific one . . . OMG !

Christopher Ailsby write in his book that from 25.12.1939-18.5.1940 :
                        121,853 GOLD mother's crosses were authorized. I guess he ment the first
                        pattern, that means that this ( the 3rd pattern ) should be much more and
                        was made by about 80 different manufactors.
                        So I guess there should be enough of those ( so many women had more than
                        8 children . . . didn't they hear about birth control . . . ).

Anyway, what am I to think now ? Is my only solution is to buy 2 of each
                        maker and then to compare ?

Comment

Hi Ran, not forgetting the silver and bronze awards. No wonder they needed more land the poor devils had nowhere to stand..

Comment

mrg, listen to this ( by Christopher Ailsby again ) :

"When the award was first instituted approximately 3,000,000 women
                            qualified for one of these awards . . ."

Do the math

Comment

Minimal of 24,000,000 if each mother had only four. 24,000,001 if one of those had 9. I myself find statistics arounf the Third Reich Period especially with awards like these are best taken with salt as they were encouraged to lead the population in a driven direction. All the best.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X