X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrei, I can't add much to your excellent reference thread, but some additional photos to illustrate your point and a Keller 2nd Class without swords.

regards, Robert

First some standard 1st Class types, in sharp and round cases.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nest some unissued silver and gold, in the sharp boxes.
      Attached Files

Comment

Some standard silver and golds - nice a complete lack of air let these ones hang onto their finish.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's some of the early Godet attributed on the left, and the Keller 2nd class without swords. Also one of the "suspect" Souvals.

Let me say all of these directly from veterans estate. With the exception of the first two cased first class types, they were part of larger factory grabs along with other unissued, absolutely original badges and medals.

regards, Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow... very nice indeed RobertE.

Comment

Finally found the two I have.

This is acloseup of the gold. It had some on the back edges in the 60's but has since oxidized , but the ring still has the wash, and this is also marked 100.

what appears to be pest, I believe was once gold wash.I've had this one stored for over 40 years.
              Last edited by juoneen; 03-15-2013, 12:42 AM.

Comment

and the silver, unfortunately unmarked, but the only two vet found I ever got.

One of the threads holding the pin on has dry rotted off, but still is there.

in different light(silver)
                Last edited by juoneen; 03-15-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Very nice guys. Keep posting them.
                  Robert: You have a nice and beautiful pieces with bags.
                  According Keller and Souval with packets. I put them in questionable section, because we do not have 100% prove or disprove for them. I wish, somebody have a period catalogs or some 100% information to support them as original. It will make me a happiest person in the world.
                  So far we have 3 100% acceptable 1st classes and if we agree with the idea, that one firm make full line of them, supposed to be only 3 types of 2nd classes.
                  But we have 6 types. Flat reverse, "100", smaller scoop and 3 more - Souval (so far 2nd class in silver only) , Keller (so far 2nd class in bronze only), flat reverse with "100"(so far 2nd class in bronze only).
                  I like Tom's (tyanacek) idea which he posted in this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=656697&page=2
                  He said "I have also read about how each of the second class decorations could be awarded up to three times. I think that is mentioned in the wartime publication by Dr. Heinrich Doehle. IMO, this is one more reason why it might not be unusual to think that a manufacturer (such as Keller) was contracted to only produce the bronze second classes. If a recipient could potentially get up to three bronze second class decorations before getting even one silver second class, that shows an exponentially-increasing need for production of the bronze second classes: a production need that must have involved other manufacturers."
                  But still we need more stone proves like catalogs or dugout examples.

Comment

My one and (so far) only:

Kind regards, Peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ex my 1 type gold without sword
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice thread but IMO the keller sets are 100% good (you used my picture of the two packated Keller sets) There are several manufactorers that made one type of badge/ medal so for me that's no problem.
                        I also don't belive in '57 versions because there is no point in making them, there are no forbidden symbols on them. (And I don't think veterans who did their time in the goelag would dare to wear them)

Comment

Thanks very much Andrei for sharing your studies, I enjoyed it very much

Kr. Thomas

Comment

Superb

Excellent, Well done Andrei my friend. A much needed and timely informational piece for the Newbie and Neophyte Collectors of Ostvolker Awards.

Comment

Thanks Andrei for this super thread, very helpful for the collector community. You had an excellent idea!
                              And thanks to all the guys for improving it.
                              I'll pin it.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                              - THE SS TK RING
                              - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                              - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

some of mine
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X