Der Marschallstab: my investigation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chen View Post
    von Mackensen's baton is featured in this book.
    Many thanks! And it seems to be a very interesting book too.

Comment

Last edited by Obersalzberg; 02-01-2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Gen.Feld Mar. Keitels formal baton is still in family hands.
        Sensing theft from the allies Keitel very sensibly opted to use his Interimstab at Karlshorst.
        First his Son and now Grandson proudly keep it secure.

Comment

Wolfgang Hermann holding Keitel's baton.
          Attached Files

Comment

We have in the two previous posts Obersalzberg claiming Keitel's baton is still with the family, and Chen posting a picture of someone holding a baton allegedly Keitel's, and by inference, suggesting it is no longer with the Keitel family.

Ok, who is right and why? Let's hear the evidence. I'd like to know.

Steve
            ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
              We have in the two previous posts Obersalzberg claiming Keitel's baton is still with the family, and Chen posting a picture of someone holding a baton allegedly Keitel's, and by inference, suggesting it is no longer with the Keitel family.

Ok, who is right and why? Let's hear the evidence. I'd like to know.

Steve
              Me too.

Comment

the Keitel family would not allow pictures in my opinion. so regard that pic with scepticism His is very safe in a family vault.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Regarding Keitel's baton, I only have this picture and you can see the signature of his daughter on the letter (Ruth Keitel).
                    Attached Files

Comment

A rare photo of Keitel's baton.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Göring's piece.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Goring in front; Weichs at back.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

@Sepp & Obersalzberg,

The letter signed by Ruth Keitel (who is the daughter in law of Wilhem) states that she has full possession of the baton, that no third party has any rights over it and that all rights of ownership will be transferred in case of a sale.

It is clear that in 1998 -when this letter was drafted- a sale was considered. Also, the letter is drafted and signed in Munich where -coincidentally- are situated the Hermann Historica headquarters. It would therefore very much surprise me that the baton still were in family hands.
                              Last edited by rkdek; 02-07-2013, 03:28 AM.
                              "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Originally posted by rkdek View Post
                                @Sepp & Obersalzberg,

The letter signed by Ruth Keitel (who is the daughter in law of Wilhem) states that she has full possession of the baton, that no third party has any rights over it and that all rights of ownership will be transferred in case of a sale.

It is clear that in 1998 -when this letter was drafted- a sale was considered. Also, the letter is drafted and signed in Munich where -coincidentally- are situated the Hermann Historica headquarters. It would therefore very much surprise me that the baton still were in family hands.
                                Mr. Nolens,
                                I believe your timing is correct.
                                In the thread" Rommels field marshal baton?" ( 2002) under post #10, Mr. Verbruggen's quote in the MAX program few years ago( I believe he means 2000) " ..this baton( Keitel) creates a true sensation in MAX XV. It was valued in excess of $500,000.."
                                Perhaps HH bought it , promoted it and resold it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X