Occupation Medals Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occupation Medals Makers

I have an number of examples of these awards, including a Memel medal, none of which are maker marked. Does anyone have a maker marked medal? Does anyone know which companies made these awards?

I haven't seen any dealers listing makers marks alongside medals either.

This subject was touched upon previously in the Memel Medal thread but no real answer was given.

Graeme

As far as I am aware none of the Flower war medals are makers marked. I do know of fake ones marked with I believe a "3". But never seen a genuine one marked to date.

Comment

I have never seen any anschluss medals makered marked. However that doesn’t mean that they don’t exist.

Dez

Comment

Well, somebody must have cased ones with makers on the cases. Let´s list these makers.

Cheers, Frank H.
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

None of my cases have any maker marks, but I have seen one case advertised by Jamie Cross with a marked case.

It was an Austrian Occupation medal with the case displaying the label of the Vienna State Mint. The medal is now sold and I didn't save the image.

Does anyone else have any examples?

Graeme

Comment

The Steinhauer & Luck catalog offered by Jamie Cross features the Anschluss and Sudetenland medals, so I assume they made them. I have quite a few of these medals, but none with maker's marks. (I have three cased, but I can't check the cases right now - they're in another location.)

George
            Last edited by George Stimson; 06-30-2002, 01:07 PM.
            George

Comment

hi wee

i ahve several of the flower war medals and some are MM but i cant make them out.....rodney

Comment

Also....

I've seen some of the Prague bars that are maker marked -- I think for Juncker -- if you count those. (I do.)

George
                George

Comment

maker marks

Hello,

I have about 3 cases for the occupation medals ( 2 brown ones for the medal 1. okt. 38 , and 1 red one for the medal 13. march ) .

One of the brown cases is maker marked for the firm of " Deschler & Sohn , München "

Are there members who have paper envelops for these occupation medals that are maker marked ?

Friendly Greetings,
                  my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Here are two cased medals of October 1, 1938 (one with Prague Bar). Both cases are marked for Deschler & Sohn.

Here's a page from the 1939 Steinhauer & Luck catalog:

And here's the offering in the F. W. Assmann & Sohn sales catalog. (Slight distortion is due to the fact that I didn't want to break the back of the catalog to get it absolutely flat.):

Although few (if any) of these medals are marked, they were apparently made by many manufacturers.

George
                    George

Comment

Deumer

I just noticed that Helmut Weitze if offering an Austrian Anschluss medal in an LDO case marked with both the name of the award and the maker's number for Wilhelm Deumer, L/11. So here is another known maker of at least this entry in the "Flower Wars" series.

George
                      George

Comment

I have a Prague Bar marked L/11 which is attached to an unmarked 1 October Medal in an unmarked case.

I also have an unmarked Memel Medal in a case marked "Hauptmünzamt Wien III" on a label on the bottom (the case is identical to the case for the 13 March Medal).

I have two cased 1 October Medals and two 13 March Medals (one with case one without) none of which are marked in any way.

James

Comment

James,

Is the case for the Memel medal marked to indicate that it is for that medal?

George
                          George

Comment

Hi George,

I have a case for the Memel Medal also, but there's no marking on the case to differentiate it from the Austrian medal case.

The case is the same, and I think this was the outcome to the thread relating to the case a while back. I know Detlev posted a reply and his opinion was that the 13th March and the Memel cases were the same.

I don't have a photo of the case here but I will try to post one once I have.

To recap, the medal makers so far identified are:

Hauptmünzamt Wien III,
                            Wilhelm Deumer,
                            Deschler & Sohn,
                            Steinhauer & Luck,
                            Assmann & Sohn &
                            Vienna State Mint.

The makers of Prague bars:

C.E. Juncker & Wilhelm Deumer.

If anyone has a Prague bar marked by a different maker add that too. This is probably the best place to tie them all together.

George, does the Steinhauer & Luck catalogue list the bars too?

Cheers

Graeme

Comment

George,

The case is standard, bright red with gilt eagle on the top. There is no indication of the award.

I also remember the thread on the Memel Medal case and the outcome was that it was identical to the 13 March Medal case. Interestingly, Detlev's book shows a difference of DM 20 in the values (DM 80 for the Memel Medal as opposed to DM 60 for the 13 March Medal). But unless the medal is in it you can't tell.

The Vienna mint label is of the stick-on variety and is also standard - I have a Wound Badge case with the same label on it.

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X