No announcement yet.

Occupation Medals Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi George, just to make my posting a bit clearer. The marking is actually on the rim or edge of the medal. I will try and get a scan of it, but I do not as yet have a digital camera.
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 12-22-2003, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Here is a new, better, photo which I have taken today
        Cheers, Ade.
        Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 12-22-2003, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Definitely never seen one like that before.

Could you post a couple of pics of the front and rear of the medal for reference?

Cheers

Graeme

Comment

Going over some medals, I found this one which I had forgotten about because it is in a group.
            Attached Files
            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Seba

Is the name of the medal on the packet?

George
              George

Comment

None, the front is blank....
                Attached Files
                Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Hi Graeme, here are the scans of the rim marked L/11 Medal for 13 Marz 1938. Much of the finsh has gone. It came in a case which is also in worn condition.
                  Hope you find it of use?
                  Cheers, Ade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Back of Medal.
                    Attached Files

Comment

So, I think to myself, leave it alone. You don't even collect these per say. Don't worry about it now...

Well, I couldn't help it, I had them on display and I can't have them on display if it's not good. So, I got one that that's good, for sure. It also has the tiny letter, but I can't get a good scan. I'll try a photo tomorrow in the daylight.
                      Attached Files
                      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

back
                        Attached Files
                        Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Seba

That's a nice looking example.
                          Say, this has been an exceptional thread, especially considering that it's about the ho-hum "Flower Wars" medals!

George
                          George

Comment

That's a nice Memel Seba, especially as it looks exactly like mine. Nothing quite like the reassurance you can get from the confirmation that medal in your collection is a good one.

I started this thread with the hope that a couple of people might post a reply... but SIX pages and identifying a fake and the different end to the wreath and the letters!?

I would be interested to hear what the letters on your medal are Seba, the ones on mine are very hard to make out. What do you suppose these letters are? My guess is that they are the initials of the designer who made the die. This has to be the only such example of it's type on Third Reich awards, I can't think of another instance. Although they might be present elsewhere these letters took a good bit of finding.

Thanks

Graeme

Comment

designer

According to Angolia in For Fuhrer and Fatherland - Military Awards of the Third Reich, the "Flower Wars" medals were designed by one Richard Klein.

George
                              George

Comment

Hi George,

I agree that Dr. Klein 'Designed' the layout and style of the awards but my thought was that the actual craftsman who constructed the dies may have cheekily engraved his initials in there too. Much in the same way that other jewellery is hallmarked by the maker.

The letters are so small that he could probably expect them to go unnoticed, they certainly were by us!

Graeme

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X