X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..and the other for 12 years:
    Attached Files

Comment

They were mounted on this bar, all 3rd-Reich items incl. the Westwallmedal were very good made fakes.

Regards
      Markus
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice one from my collection.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are there any period catalog illustrations of these medals that might assist in identifying makers?
          (And Jody, I want that bar! )
          George

Comment

Wehrmacht 4 Year Long Service

Hello,
            Here is another example that I found loose in one of my boxes.

Regards,
            Jody
            Attached Files

Comment

Wehrmacht Long Service

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
              Are there any period catalog illustrations of these medals that might assist in identifying makers?
              (And Jody, I want that bar! )
              Hi George,
              Thank you. that medal bar actually belonged to a U-boat sailor and came from a grouping that Huss split up over 6 years ago. please private-message me with the EK maker if you know it.

Here are some images of the Wehrmacht 4 Year Long Servoce medal from an early S&L catalogue that I own. The catalogue is early 1939 (pre-war) because the Memel medal is not shown or S&L did not produce it.

Regards,
              Jody
              Attached Files

Comment

Wehrmacht 4 Year Long Service

Here is a close-up of the 4 and 12 year medal. Please take note of the band around the suspension rings. Has anyone ever seen this? Or is this just the artist being fanciful.

Regards,
                Jody
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

here is my long service badge with 9mm miniature

Greetings Chris

Comment

Thanks much for the catalog pictures Jody. Could the ring be a strip of metal that's holding the medal to a card for photographing ?

Markus, that medal is scarey, and except for the extra bright ring and attaching ring , but i notice it has a horizontal S top in Dienst, and has no line between the eagles legs. Also the 12 year numbering on the back (if that one is a fake?) has the width of the #1 thicker than the base of the #2 in the number 12, and in the S&l catalog, the widths are about the same . The two has a wider end pointing up, and the twos top curve seems curled a little more than in Jodys catalog photos. But could that feature of the S&L be different from other makers?

And Chris , your medal has the parallel top to the s in dienst, but has the between the legs line, and i'd say that one looks original to me .

So Looking at Jodys catalog , would anybody agree the first one posted by me on this thread might be a S&L ? It seems to have the same charachteristics as that one. Do we have our first manufacturers verification from Jody ? (S&L?)

Also our first confirmed fake verified from markus, and should we suspect medals with horizontal S tops, and no between the legs center line . Not saying ones without the between the legs line and parallel s top can't be originals, But to suspect them if the rings and top ring that's soldered and look too shiney, and have no patina suggesting age.Markus ,Did anyone tell you who may have made that fake ? (stagmeier ? possibly?)

I do notice the silver wash has a spattery type finish on the original minty one i have , and aren't that shiney even new, more of a flatter gloss . Anybody else have any other observations ??

I submit that: Jody has cracked the S&L's version of the 4 yr mystery , so until corrected by someone , would it be safe to say that's an S&L long service I posted to start the thread ?
                    Last edited by juoneen; 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

S&l

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                      Thanks much for the catalog pictures Jody. Could the ring be a strip of metal that's holding the medal to a card for photographing ?

So Looking at Jodys catalog , would anybody agree the first one posted by me on this thread might be a S&L ? It seems to have the same charachteristics as that one. Do we have our first manufacturers verification from Jody ? (S&L?)

I submit that: Jody has cracked the S&L's version of the 4 yr mystery , so until corrected by someone , would it be safe to say that's an S&L long service I posted to start the thread ?
                      Hi Juoneen,
                      I agree it probably is a band for holding the medal to a card. Your example does look like the S&L posted in the catalogue.

Regards,
                      Jody

Comment

H,

Here is a parade mounted mini....

Gary B
                        Attached Files
                        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Hi guys just go the chance to post some pics I have of my example.

Cheers

JustinC
                          Attached Files

Comment

Noch einmal...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X