afrika medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afrika medal

bought this today from a local dealer,hope i did ok to me i think its the kreigsmetal type,am i correct? cheers dave
    Attached Files

a

no natural light for pics so flash has copped it,
    Attached Files

Comment

a

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave looks like a nice worn original too me, if i am correct you can vaguely see the reminants of the original colour in the crevasses. Ribbon looks good too. All the best

Comment

a

thanks very much for the reply and help yes it still has remnants of colour i didnt think it was bad for £65 from a dealer ,so now it can go in my collection with my dak pieces, thanks again dave

Comment

Hi

I'm going to have to disagree. I personally do not like this one. It looks like one of the common fakes floating around on EBay. Did you buy this from EBay? I think the ribbon looks artificially aged, probably with tea. Here's a picture of another EBay fake.

Kenneth
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

n

this is a dealer buy today from a dealer called the bunker,if its wrong he will refund me but i hope its ok , dave

Comment

See if this thread helps?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=259179

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

a

thanks ade, not 100% but it looks like the kreigsmetal type to me,

Comment

a

a
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I would look for a different one. Here's some pictures for comparison

kenneth
                        Attached Files

Comment

a

hi kenneth, thanks for the pics and i do see what you mean,but the fake is still different from mine ,the swastika is different,and above the arch the fake has a small square type shape where as mine and the others seems more oblong, im probably wrong as i dont know anything about these, thanks again dave for your help rgds dave

Comment

Hi

HI Sscrooge,

Yes I know that they are not exactly the same but if you look at the fake and yours they both show a serious lack of detail and I'm not talking about the part that's messed up either. Have you tried to the ribbon with a black light? Ten bucks says it glows.

Kenneth

Comment

Hi Dave, I would send it back if I were you. I don't like the rim of the medal on either side.

I will draw Raff's attention to this thread for his input.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X