No announcement yet.

57 Pattern Ribbon Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the photos Rick and Daniel of your ribbon bars, I think the Kreta one is OK,

Also thanks for the info, on the regulations for wearing the 57 ribbon bar, my German is very poor where abouts does it mention the Kreta cuff tiltle? or any cuff title for that matter, being worn?

Cheers
    Phil

Comment

Hi,

Kreta counts as "Sturm-, Kampf- oder Kriegsabzeichen einschließlich der Schilde" and belongs in front of the KVK

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thanks Daniel

Comment

Last thing, what's the most you think i should pay for this bar?

Cheers
          Phil

Comment

Here's mine......

Comment

OH thats a really nice one. first RAD, then probably tanks last infantry. Nicely decorated brave soldier!

How much shall it be? I would think around 75 Euros. Maybe bit more.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Daniel

I think it was aroud 90 euros I havent had it very long. The dealer had two. The other a bit fresher than this one.

I think his fellow Bundswehr members would have been in awe, that he survived.

Comment

Was this the one on Detlev's site about 4 weeks ago?

A simple yes or no - I don't mean to find out your source. I ask because D. had two of the same highly-decorated 57 version ribbon bars.

On a side note, a lot of veteran Treffen - seeing these items or stickpins being worn is really amazing! These older gentlemen, the awards they earned, the lives they had after the war (Aufbau usw.), amazing and worthy of respect.

Erich Craciun

Comment

Shouldn't a German Cross be on a special ribbon, red & black with gold stripes for Gold and silver stripes for Silver grade?

Comment

Hi Rick,

no special ribbon for the DK.
                      All "stickpins" are worn on a neutral black (early Bundesgrenzschutz also dark green) ribbon.
                      Only awards with real ribbons have a "colorful" ribbon. Only exception is the Olympic-colored ribbon for the sports awards instituted I think beginning of the 60ies.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X