Thanks

Marcus

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sorry about the front ones

Comment

Hi Marcus,

I'm afraid this one is no good neither. RS used a complete different technique to crimp in the backing plate.

Also very strange to provide guides for hinge and catch and then not to use them.

Concerning the cardboard box, I have noticed that it is very similar to the one show in Tuckers latest book. Both boxes spell
            Nahkampfspangen (plural). It's my impression that this is a misspelling it should read Nahkampfspange without the N. Maybe Frank can help out here.

KR
            Philippe

Comment

Hello Philippe,

Thankyou yet again.

What is the Tucker book?

Maybe i should purchase one.

Cheers Philippe

Marcus

Comment

Hi Marcus,

Read this thread in the members only Forum and then decide if your going to buy it.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...threadid=22527

In terms of general presentation of the awards of Heer & Kriegsmarine it's an absolute beauty. The general concensus however is that it lists quit some badges that could have come from your dealer

KR
                Philippe

Comment

cardboard box ; nahkampfspangen

Hello,

Somemore bad news => I do not believe that the shown Carboard box is a genuine one, it comes quite close to the untrained eye but there can be noted some differences.

For example I have never seen a original one where the text is inprinted in dark Blue !!!, it is as far as I have seen them always in Black, anotehr very odd thing is that the box is in general good shape but someone tryed to make it look older by rubbing on the lettering !!! .

Still a very nice try to reproduce a quite rare carboard box but not close enough => it seems towards me my friend that you are burned big time

Cordial greetings,
                  my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Text on Box

As a German I might be able to help. Nahkampfspangen is definetely the plural and unless there are two Spangen in the box it must say "Nahkampfspange" which is singular. Therefore the description is very odd, to say the least.

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Stijn,

Just for the record should a genuin read

Nahkampfspangen
                      or
                      nahkampfspange

Just wondering if I have to ad an other footnote in M. Tucker's book

Thanks
                      Philippe

Comment

CCC case

Hello ,

The original boxes also have the so called typo : " Nahkampfspangen " !!!!, such a box can be seen in the book written by Dorr Manfred ( Die Träger der Nahkampfspange im Gold " , and tehse are dexcribed already quite some time in the German literature.

Anyway such mix ups on original boxes are not unusual => on War merit cross cardboard boxes you can also find it ( try a search => Im sure you will find more about it ) , the lettering etc ... and the correct spelling can be a good indictor but should never be the rule as there exist exceptions.

Cordial greetings,

Comment

grammar mistakes ....

Hello,

i have searched the thread i was referring to as the one with another Grammar mistake but perfectly legit.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ar+merit+cross

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Spelling

Stijn,

I looked the thread up to which you referenced. From a strictly grammatically point of view this is quite different, i.e. the "n' at the end Frank is (correctly of course) talking about is the difference between 'Akusativ" and "Dativ" of both the plural of swords which is Schwerter.

The Nahkampfspange is different. You either have one Nahkampfspange or you have two NahkampfspangeN. Unless there are two SpangeN in the box, nobody in Germany would label the box "Nahkampfspangen".

Even the title of the book shown the singular, i.e. "Nahkampfspange". This is also the official denomination in all the books in german language.

Again, if there's only one piece in the box, NahkampfspangeN is wrong or at least very suspicious.

to Philippe;

Singular : Nahlampfspange
                            Plural : Nahkampfspangen

Both times with capital letters at the beginning, as always in German with nouns.

Dietrich
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

nahkampfspangen ......

Hello,

thank you very much Dietrich for your further explanation => much appreciated, as foreign languages ( such as German ) can be confusing sometimes.

One other important note I have to add regarding the boxes => the boxes i know as clear originals are for the Bronze !!!!!!!!!! CCC ( with the spelling mistake ) , this one is shows the lettering " Silber " rubbed away !!!!!!

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X