• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fake 03

Here is one with a clear amount of detail and other backing
    Attached Files

Comment

The fake 03

And the better known "needle" barrel type is a variant of this type.
      Attached Files

Comment

So far, I have shown you three (common) reproductions of the German WW2 Tank destruction badge. I have again put them into groups, for future reference.

You may have noticed that the shown reproductions are getting better and better still.

I have to mention that a reproduction was brought out in 1957 for official wear, providing a replacement for lost originals and made for only that purpose. I do not exactly know which reproduction(s) were made for this purpose but I have reason to believe the fake 2 and coming fake 4 was the most encountered 1957 type, often encountered with a paper satchel or packet.

As said earlier, the badges are getting better and better, stay tuned and I will show all the types which I have encountered so far.
        Last edited by deejay; 08-07-2007, 09:22 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

btt

Comment

Some of the non-magnetic variety have already been posted. To further dispel existing doubts regarding these rare and desireable badges here are four in one grouping! The fact there is four of them in one group and the same condition they are in strongly suggests they were both acquired and later removed at the same time:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=262472

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
              Some of the non-magnetic variety have already been posted. To further dispel existing doubts regarding these rare and desireable badges here are four in one grouping! The fact there is four of them in one group and the same condition they are in strongly suggests they were both acquired and later removed at the same time:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=262472
              Hi Albert,

That is truely a wonderfull group you have there, congratulations! These TDB's you show are indeed (Buntmetall) first types, noticing the dates on the award document they may even be the first manufactured badges.

And something else remarkable here too.

The introduction of the TDB Black:

"This special badge will be awarded to soldiers who as from june 22nd 1941 using close combat weapons or other close combat means ... "(Auszeichn. des Deutschen Reiches 1936-1945 Dr Kurt G. Klietmann)

This badge was instituted in march 1942 by AH. The badges you show were awarded the next month, for actions taken on the 12th of october 1941, making these one of the first awarded.
              Last edited by deejay; 01-06-2008, 10:18 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Fake or 57 Gold

Here is one I posted elsewhere but it can go here.
                Attached Files

Comment

other

more
                  Attached Files

Comment

more

noch eine
                    Attached Files

Comment

auch

mehr
                      Attached Files

Comment

ende

The last, this one was magenetic, both the tank and the back plate. It was longer and a tad wider then the "specs". The tank was the correct size.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's mine!

It is magnetic. I believe it is a Type 2 badge with Canvas Backing.

Panzer Vohorts!
                          Last edited by Pfalz DIIIa; 01-09-2008, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Hi Pfalz,

thanks for your posting, not a type 2 but that is a type 1 tank destruction badge. (I have seen it before somewhere I have picture of it too).

JHodgson,

That's it a next reproduction (copy or 57 type as you state) great pictures aswell. I do not have one of these to photograph myself so I am glad you did it and with perfect detail.

It is a very high quality reproduction, obviously not the same design tank, and it is very often found in both grades and accompanied with the light brown satchel with inscription of it's contents, therefore I think it is a formal 1957 intended replacement of lost or never awarded Tank destruction badges.

(If you want to part with it then please let me know as I would like it in my collection).

I am glad you posted this one as my intention is to show all the known reproductions ranging from (very) bad to the near perfect reproduction badges. I still have two variants of the so called "Austrian fakes" to show in this thread and I recently was shown yet another (new) TDB reproduction by one fellow collector in Germany and that is a scary one .
                            Anyway all in good time, before we reach that one because there are still other reproductions to study and reveal in this thread.

Thanks all for your part in this so far and all who have viewed and hopefully learnt some lessons on this badge from this thread and even saved your money from being "burned" (I know some people already have ).

Comment

Fake 4

Just for the record and to keep these apart Jhodgson's badge was my 4th fake.

I do have some variants to show of this one.

Here is one in black in the stated satchel, bag, envelope or what to name it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Fake 4

different backing
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X