BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiedemanns group possitions found!!!(rethymno)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiedemanns group possitions found!!!(rethymno)

After a long research, i have pinpointed Wiedemanns group positions in Rethymno area. Here i present just one part. This part is on the east of Perivolia. The units that were involved defending this part of Rethymno sector were 2/Fallsch art. abt 7, 1/MG btl 7, 1 zug 2/fla MG7, 1 zug 14/FJR2. They confronted 2/11 Australian Btl. and armed civilians. Studying maps and diaries of that period was very important. Finally i have 2 pictures that show the place clearly. It is an old stone wall that was used as a pipe from the locals in order to water the fields. MG btl men were fortified behind this low wall from 21/5/1941 till 30/5/1941. After 78 years there are some evidence still there to be discovered.
    Attached Files

Many 7,92 empty cases were found, still there as they fell in the pipe from 1941!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

a flare case of white colour was also found. The use of flares is often mentioned in the diaries...
      Attached Files

Comment

some of the cases...
        Attached Files

Comment

Great Research ! Congrats ! A verry good job !

Comment

Congratulations, i follow your thread on facebook, it's great and these pictures are awesome !

Comment

Fantastic. Congratulations

Which is your thread in Facebook?

I´m interested in all about Kreta battle...

Thanks

Comment

can only agree great work (καταπληκτική δουλειά ) sounds like i also should be a fan of Facebook hope to get back to Kreta one day soon , best martin.

Comment

Interesting research and great side by side pictures.
                  Well done!

Comment

Excellent work and the 7.92 rounds are a real bonus! Even my wife found this thread interesting, which is a real compliment.

Thank you!
                    Michael

Comment

Thank you all!!!
                      My facebook page is BATTLE OF CRETE historical research and collections. I will aproove you and then you should check the albums. There are some complete posts there...

Comment

Nice work! I find presentations like this to be very interesting.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Great work, always love real battlefield places pix

Funny thing - the guy wears boots with mismatched soles, perhaps changed one during actions..
                          Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Fascinating piece of research.

Troy

Comment

here are 1945 aerial pic and a now gogle map. Show the exact possitions. More to come in my upcoming book hopefuly in 2021....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X