Fallschirmjäger-Sturm-Abteilung “Koch”, Luftwaffe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
    1. Veterans groups were formed as self-help networks immediately after the war. The Bund Deutsche Fallschirmjaeger was founded in 1949.

2. The photo of the badge in question is dated 1950.

3. There are no known photos of this badge being worn during the war.

4. There are lots of photos of this badge being worn by veterans after the war.

5. The "Traditionsabzeichen" entry which appears in some Soldbuecher refers to the award of the falling Komet, as seen one of the photos on this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=komet

There is a great deal of evidence, both primary and a priori, to indicate this is an early postwar veterans badge, and none at all to indicate it is wartime. Historical claims require historical evidence, not conjecture. Until a wartime photo of this badge being worn is produced, I think you are all believing in unicorns.
    So, Mr. doubting Thomas, how do you explain dug outs at former POW camps...?

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      So, Mr. doubting Thomas, how do you explain dug outs at former POW camps...?
      Show me the wartime photo. Historical claims require historical proof. Until then, I remain a non-believer.

Comment

No one has to prove anything to you. Who cares what you believe?

Since your return (though you still have another active "user ID"), your posts all over WAF feature your trademark smug condescending superior tone, when discussing matters you don't agree with. No one deserves that.

It is not difficult to have a discussion in a civil mutually respectful manner.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
          No one has to prove anything to you. Who cares what you believe?

Since your return (though you still have another active "user ID"), your posts all over WAF feature your trademark smug condescending superior tone, when discussing matters you don't agree with. No one deserves that.

It is not difficult to have a discussion in a civil mutually respectful manner.
          Ad hominem attack which completely ignores the historical and physical evidence which in other threads here is considered so important. It's a free internet. Believe whatever you want.

Comment

I don't think a war-time photo of the Schimpf badge exists, yet most of us believe in that particular unicorn.

Comment

Well it has been interesting at any rate,, thanks for all the input.
              Now I am really not sure what to ask for it if I sell it... yikes.
              Van

Comment

The badge is italian made and the 4.FJD fought in Italy. I think it's nonsense that a german veteran association after the war would have ordered a pin badge from Italy and not from one of the many german manufactures.
                Probably this badge, in the same way of the 1. Fallschirmkorps', was made very late in the war and was distributed few weeks or months before the end, maybe even just to the commands, as prototype. Who knows, maybe the lots that were produced but not delivered or issued were given to the veterans after the war by the veteran associations.

I think that this badge is wartime made, but when it was bestowed and widely worn is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Van View Post
                  Well it has been interesting at any rate,, thanks for all the input.
                  Now I am really not sure what to ask for it if I sell it... yikes.
                  Van
                  The 1. Fallschirmkorps badge value is around 100€.
                  I think it has the same status (late in the war made and that saw a very limited use durig the conflict) of the Komet badge, but has a relatively low value because a large unissued stock was found years ago.

Comment

Thanks Ironcrown, much appreciated, and thanks everyone else for all the info. I may just hang on to it for now....

Van

Comment

Would the pin be worn only on a tunic or smock or could have been worn on the side of an overseas/field cap??? Thanks for any help.
                      Van

Comment

Does anyone know,, I have seen KM pins worn on the side of the overseas caps, what about the FM pin??? Thanks.
                        Van

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X