Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjäger-Sturm-Abteilung “Koch”, Luftwaffe

Helloo,
    Is this a "UNIT PIN" from "Fallschirmjäger-Sturm-Abteilung “Koch”, Luftwaffe"
    Thanks for any help....
    Van
    Sorry about the pics, my poor camera is on its last lens....
    Attached Files

Yes, it is.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
      Yes, it is.
      Agree,nice original pin...a rare one

Comment

Same pin as many of the G Bregonzio badges. Were they made in Italy ?

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
          Same pin as many of the G Bregonzio badges. Were they made in Italy ?
          Yes, that's the same Bregonzio attachment plate and pin as the 1. FJ Korps pin which many here say is postwar production. I personally think the pin currently under discussion is a postwar veterans reunion pin. The Sturmabteilung Koch went back into the Sturm Regiment immediately after Eben Emael, and ceased to exist as a separate operational unit. Thus it had no insignia of its own. The Sturm Regiment adopted the shooting Komet and we have seen many photographs of metal Komet devices attached to caps, and even painted on pith helmets. but there are no period photos I am aware of showing a Komet pin like this one in wear during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
            Yes, that's the same Bregonzio attachment plate and pin as the 1. FJ Korps pin which many here say is postwar production. I personally think the pin currently under discussion is a postwar veterans reunion pin. The Sturmabteilung Koch went back into the Sturm Regiment immediately after Eben Emael, and ceased to exist as a separate operational unit. Thus it had no insignia of its own. The Sturm Regiment adopted the shooting Komet and we have seen many photographs of metal Komet devices attached to caps, and even painted on pith helmets. but there are no period photos I am aware of showing a Komet pin like this one in wear during the war.

Actually this pin-back is the same as many pre war and wartime Bregonzio badges. It is slightly different to the contentious 1. FJ Korps badges that you mentioned.

Comment

You are correct Steve. Plus, while Van called it a SA Koch badge, we know these to be LLSR badges.

Steve, perhaps you can find the photo someone presented of the badge being worn. I couldn't find it yet.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

You are correct Steve. Plus, while Van called it a SA Koch badge, we know these to be LLSR badges.

Steve, perhaps you can find the photo someone presented of the badge being worn. I couldn't find it yet.

In wear, but considered to be post-war:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=sturm

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=677098

Comment

Defently wartime. You will find in soldbooks from Sturmregiment the entry: Traditionsabzeichen Komet. Have a look in the book of Karl Veltze.
                    Gehlert

Comment

The picture was taken post-war at the end of the 50s or the beginning of the 60s, I assume. the "Komet"-badge (and all his other awards) are wartime. I got his pictures and award documents but unfortunately someone else got the awards after his death so I can't show his badge here.

Best, Peter

Comment

Not necessarily from Sturm Abteilung "koch", but most probably a badge made for the 4. Fallschirmjaeger Division that was formed and fought in Italy from early 1944 till the end of the war.
                        However, a badge that I would be happy to have in my collection

Comment

Thanks Patrick!

Thomas, I was looking at Volume 3 again last night and reviewed the Soldbuch and information you presented.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi! We have a good thread in MFF forum in Germany about this special Komet bagde.
                            Realy a very rare badge without of any doubt. I think there made in 2 different version.
                            Best wishes
                            Gehlert

Comment

1. Veterans groups were formed as self-help networks immediately after the war. The Bund Deutsche Fallschirmjaeger was founded in 1949.

2. The photo of the badge in question is dated 1950.

3. There are no known photos of this badge being worn during the war.

4. There are lots of photos of this badge being worn by veterans after the war.

5. The "Traditionsabzeichen" entry which appears in some Soldbuecher refers to the award of the falling Komet, as seen one of the photos on this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=komet

There is a great deal of evidence, both primary and a priori, to indicate this is an early postwar veterans badge, and none at all to indicate it is wartime. Historical claims require historical evidence, not conjecture. Until a wartime photo of this badge being worn is produced, I think you are all believing in unicorns.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X