No announcement yet.

Fallschirmjäger at the Newa front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super photos the conditions those lads are going through I can imagine the comradely of your fellow unit members would count for a lot

Comment

Thank you, great impressions of Newa-Front!

We all know the famous sentence: "Lieber 10x Kreta als 1x Newa!"

I can share only one photo. It shows the grandfather of my wife.

Date: 02.11.41, Location: Borukki (or something like that?)

Can anybody help to identify the location/village?

Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi. It very possible could be Baraki ( Бараки) in my opinion.
        The name of place of some few small buildings amongst woods , not village ..this name usually used on Russian maps as well as another - Sarai( Сараи) to mark such buildings. So , if we need locate exact place we should know exact unit of your wife's grandfather and then check the area around on situation map.
        Btw strange looking cover on the this guy , almost identical view like late drawstring cover..but these covers not used at that time yet..so perhaps he used some band to hold his cover . May be missed hooks or larger size than his helm or other reasons..
        Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

...and here is some finds from positions of FJR1 , Newa front..
          also will appreciate any info about owner of mess tin Gefr.Zegeri , Nachr.Zug FJR1
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
            The name of place of some few small buildings amongst woods , not village ..this name usually used on Russian maps as well as another - Sarai( Сараи) to mark such buildings. So , if we need locate exact place we should know exact unit of your wife's grandfather and then check the area around on situation map.
            Btw strange looking cover on the this guy , almost identical view like late drawstring cover..but these covers not used at that time yet..so perhaps he used some band to hold his cover . May be missed hooks or larger size than his helm or other reasons..
            Great information, thank you! The unit was 3. Batterie/Fallschirm-Artillerie Abteilung (7).

Do you have a digital version pf these maps? Are they from NARA?

Comment

Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
              Great information, thank you! The unit was 3. Batterie/Fallschirm-Artillerie Abteilung (7).

Do you have a digital version of those maps of this area? I would love to locate this place exactly.

ps: Sorry for double posting...
              Last edited by muno11; 01-15-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

My little contribution

2./Fallsch. San Abt 7 in Neva front
                Attached Files

Comment

Some of them, Kreta veterans... I have more info about them if someone has interest
                  Attached Files

Comment

more
                    Attached Files

Comment

another one
                      Attached Files

Comment

Last one

Best regards
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                          the pictures are great....i love the 10,5cm LG40 picture...
                          I agree. Must have missed this thread.

The add on photos are great as well.

Nice items Sergey. The markings on the straps use the exact same format as the chinstrap on my FJ unit marked M35 helmet. But different than other field gear items I have.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by windhund View Post
                            ... I have more info about them if someone has interest
                            Yes, of course! Very impressive photos as well - thanks for sharing them with us!

Comment

Originally posted by muno11 View Post

Do you have a digital version pf these maps? Are they from NARA?

Seems I don't have maps of Fallsch.Art.Abt. but only FJR1 and FJR3 ..
                              Artillery abt. was attached to some of these units. I must check my files but if I remember correct there are no any artillery unit pointed on them...

Willi, that is very interesting about fj marked chinstrap, never have seen ....I also have some additional equipment FJR1 belts with curved markings , not stamped like on these in thread..

Comment

Originally posted by muno11 View Post
                                Yes, of course! Very impressive photos as well - thanks for sharing them with us!
                                Hermann Paus and Robert Kohnen won EK2 & EK1 in Kreta
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X